• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hotkeys Problems

Hi, I have a problem with hotkeys:
    Buy: CTRL + up arrow
    Sell: CTRL + down arrow
    Close: CTRL + space
    The first trade (only the first trade), makes me entry but the close does not work and I have to close manually. From the second trade everything is ok.
    Borker: IB
    But I think it's a Ninja problem.
    Solutions?
    Thank you very much
    Luca
    Last edited by Guru73; 03-14-2022, 09:49 AM.

Hello Guru73,

Thank you for writting in.

As you suggest, the broker you are using shouldn't have any affect on if a Hot Key works or not.
    • Although, I suggest testing all of these Hot Keys out on the Sim101 account or a Paper Trading account so you are not potentially losing real money while practicing and figuring things out.

I'm curious if it happens to be something with the Space Bar on your computer specifically because when I tried this, it worked as expected.
    • Doing a little research, the combination of "Ctrl + Space" in some programs like Excel is already a shortcut/hotkey to highlight an entire column of Text. I am curious if there is another Program or Windows setting that is using the Ctrl + Space combination already and it is causing NinjaTrader to not be able to use that combination specifically.

Let's test by setting the Hot Key to make the "Close Position" function something else and see if that works and then if so, change it back to Ctrl + Space and then see if it continues to function.

Go to the Tools > Hot Keys window and for "Close Position" try setting the Hot Key to Ctrl + Shift + C then click OK.
    • Now, go select an Order Entry window and then use the Buy or Sell Market buttons/hot keys to enter a position and then try pressing Ctrl + Shift + C and testing to see if the Close Function works
    If it worked, go back to the Hot Keys menu and re-assign the Hot Key as Ctrl + Space and see if it works now.
    • If it is no longer working, you could go with using a different Hot Key combination, or do some further research into your computer to find why the Ctrl + Space combination isn't working specifically.
    Clayton G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Clayton G.
      Thank you for your support.
      I tried to follow your advice and I realized that the problem depended on IB as in the first trade it opens the API page and to subsequently close the trade I have to reselect it.
      I solved it, using IB's hotkeys directly.
      Thank you very much for your advice which was helpful in making me understand the problem and therefore find a solution.
      Sorry for my bad english.
      Luca

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by ageeholdings, Today, 07:43 AM
      0 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post ageeholdings  
      Started by pibrew, Today, 06:37 AM
      0 responses