Entries before bar closes on LineBreak Chart

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Entries before bar closes on LineBreak Chart

I have an alert set up to buy when certain criteria are met and the alert is placing buy/sell orders before the bar has closed. One of the conditions is a close greater than or equal to a moving average but the orders are sent before the bar closes. Line 3 in the Alert conditions screenshot attached is a close less than or equal to the HMA 21. This occurs with strategies I've created in Strategy Builder as well, even when it set to "On bar close". This is all occurring in Playback, I have not enabled it for live trading.
    Attached Files

Hello dpvrkb,

Thank you for writing in.

With how complex this Alert is, I would like to look at it within my own NinjaTrader platform and test it out and see how everything is configured exactly.

If you are okay with sharing your Workspace and Template Files publicly, you may respond with them directly in your response here on the forum. If you would like to keep your Workspace and Template files private, I will also provide steps to send the files directly to Platform Support.
    • Go to the Documents Folder > NinjaTrader 8 > Right-click on the "workspaces" folder > Send to > Compressed folder
    • Do the same for the NinjaTrader 8 > "templates" folder
      • Upload both the Templates and Workspaces as a response to this message.

If you would like to keep your Workspace and Template files private, please use the following steps to send them to the Platform Support Team directly from your NinjaTrader platform:
    • Go to the Control Center > Help > Email Support
    • Enter your email
    • Enter the Subject as "Clayton ATTN 3519512"
    • Expand the "Other files" section
    • Check the following boxes:
    • Log and Trace files
    • Workspace and UI Settings
    • Templates
    • Send the message
    Clayton G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I'm sending it directly but it has been stuck on "Sending Request" for about 20 minutes now. Would it help to restart and try sending the files separately? It will not let me close the window so I'd have to force stop it.

Comment

Clayton, the Workspace files and UI settings will not send, do you have an email address I can send them to as I do not wish to share them publicly.

Comment

Hello dpvrkb,

Thank you for the update.

Please try sending the files via the publicly available service https://www.wetransfer.com/ or https://www.sendspace.com/.
          • Send them to PlatformSupport[AT]NinjaTrader[DOT]com with the respective @ and . and ensure to include "Clayton ATTN 3519512" in the Subject Line.

Clayton G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I sent them via sendspace. There was no option for adding a Subject Line, just a description line so I input "Clayton ATTN 3519512" there, hopefully that works.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by Jimmyk, 01-26-2018, 05:19 AM
            6 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post emuns
            by emuns

Started by jxs_xrj, 01-12-2020, 09:49 AM
            6 responses
            1 like