Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stop orders not respecting

Hi there,

I’m using NT8 to trade forex, but I’m having issues with stop orders.

On NT8, when I place stop orders the price calculated the spread into the equation resulting in trades that haven’t breakout.

Example: On the AUD/USD pair, one key zone high was 0.73120, and if I placed a buy stop order on 0.73121 for example, NT8 will place me into a buy trade when the price is at 0.73119.5 if my broker’s spread was 1.5 pips at the time, resulting in me buying into a resistance zone instead of buying when price broke out of that level.

Why is this happening?

Seems like the only way I can prevent that is to place my stop order 2-3 pips away from the zone but it’s just annoying to have to calculate 2-3 pips every time I place stop orders, since I scalp and I need to be quick.

Why NT8 calculate the spread into account, rather than simply setting the stop order to get filled when price actually hits the stop order then it becomes a market order?

Thanks

Hello RichStudent,

Buy orders execute at the ask price and sell orders execute at the bid price. If the forex chart has 'Last' selected for 'Price based on' in the Data Series menu, it shows the bid price (as forex does not have a last traded price). Does this clarify the behavior you report?

You can set 'Price based on' to 'Ask' in the Data Series menu and prices will be based on the ask price.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Jason,

Thanks I managed to find an old thread that can show both bid and ask price concurrently on the same chart: https://ninjatrader.com/support/foru...-and-ask-price

Works perfectly!

Thanks

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by Haiasi, 04-25-2024, 06:53 PM
      2 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post Massinisa  
      Started by Creamers, Today, 05:32 AM
      0 responses