Request to import txt historical data to NT8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Request to import txt historical data to NT8

Attached txt file for DAY historical data for CL (crude oil).
    I'm trying to import it into NT8 as per the instructions here : https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...AndDataFormats

but it keep giving me "import failed".

log show this msg :
    Import type 'NinjaTrader (end of bar timestamps)': Error on calling 'OnNextDataPoint' method: System.InvalidOperationException: Operation is not valid due to the current state of the object. at NinjaTrader.NinjaScript.ImportTypes.TextImportType .OnNextDataPoint() at NinjaTrader.NinjaScript.ImportTypes.ImportType.Imp ort(MarketDataType marketDataType, TimeZoneInfo sourceTimeZoneInfo, Boolean generateMinuteBars, Boolean generateDailyBars, IProgress progress)
    CL 02-22: Format error in line 0: Input string was not in a correct format.: '19830330;29.25;29.56;29.01;29.4;0.95'

I don't know what is the issue : may you help me and guide me to import this txt file into NT8 please ?
    Attached Files

Hello omrangassan,

When importing historical Daily data the format required is yyyyMMdd;open price;high price;low price;close price;volume as referenced in an example below.
    • 20220302;107.12;112.51;105.18;111.38;624516
    When viewing your format it appear your Volume field includes a decimal. Also when importing data you will need to specify the expiry trading at that time for the dates you are importing.
    Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Omrangassan,

I use this tool to import data; everything from 1970’s oil data, to crypto currencies, handles hundreds of different formats. Formatting yourself is for the birds.

https://ninjatraderalgos.com/products

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_ChristopherJ View Post
        Hello omrangassan,

When importing historical Daily data the format required is yyyyMMdd;open price;high price;low price;close price;volume as referenced in an example below.
        • 20220302;107.12;112.51;105.18;111.38;624516
        When viewing your format it appear your Volume field includes a decimal. Also when importing data you will need to specify the expiry trading at that time for the dates you are importing.

it is not working yet !
        please help me to get the attached file ready to import : i don't know why it is not working with me.
        Attached Files

Comment

If you are unable to import the file successfully please check within the Log tab of the Control Center to verify what errors are being generated due to formatting. Also keep in mind the instrument you have named for the .txt file is for CL 02-22 however the dates you mentioned previously is from 1983 therefore you would need to use the expiry trading at that time.
          Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by ESSpoofer View Post
            Omrangassan,

I use this tool to import data; everything from 1970’s oil data, to crypto currencies, handles hundreds of different formats. Formatting yourself is for the birds.

https://ninjatraderalgos.com/products
            Thank you

May you share CL oil historical daily data ?

Comment

omrangassan, I imported the data file you provided, no issue using the tool (pic attached). I attached the data series the data import tool created, if you create that instrument in instrument manager you should be able to import it using NT's archaic data import process. Or, get the data import tool at ninjatraderalgos.com and you'll be able to import without creating the instrument.
              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by ESSpoofer View Post
                omrangassan, I imported the data file you provided, no issue using the tool (pic attached). I attached the data series the data import tool created, if you create that instrument in instrument manager you should be able to import it using NT's archaic data import process. Or, get the data import tool at ninjatraderalgos.com and you'll be able to import without creating the instrument.
                may you share the data txt file itself so i can import into NT8 without issues plz ?

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by mishhh, 05-25-2010, 08:54 AM
                19 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post rene69851  
                Started by gwenael, Today, 09:29 AM
                0 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post gwenael