can't connect to rithmic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

can't connect to rithmic

I'm trying to connect to a rithmic demo account but it continues to give me this error. Click image for larger version

Name:	Senza titolo.png
Views:	1878
Size:	855.1 KB
ID:	1191983

Hello AlessioCianini12,

Thank you for your inquiry.

This message would indicate that whatever broker you are trying to connect to is not authorized to connect using the Rithmic for NinjaTrader Brokerage connection technology. So I may accurately assist you, please answer all of the following questions:
    • What version of NinjaTrader are you using? Please provide the entire version number. This can be found under Help -> About (Example: 7.0.1000.? or 8.0.?.?)
    • Who is your broker/provider of the demo?
    I look forward to your reply.
    Zachary S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

hi i have the 8.0.24.3 and also i created an account with rithimic and i'm using that one: rithmic paper trading(live) with server in chicago1.
      thanks

Comment

Hello AlessioCianini12,

Thank you for your reply.

Who is the provider of the Rithmic account? That is what I'm asking. Where do you get this demo from? Different brokers use different versions of the Rithmic connection technology and it may be that the provider of the demo does not use Rithmic for NinjaTrader Brokerage.

On an unrelated note, I see that you're using an older version of NinjaTrader 8. To update NinjaTrader, please follow the steps below:
        • First, copy your license key from NinjaTrader under Help> License Key then exit NinjaTrader
        • Click on the link: https://ninjatrader.com/PlatformDirect
        • Enter your license key and press Submit
        • Select 'Download'
        • Locate the 'NinjaTrader.Install.msi' file in your Downloads on your PC, and left-click on it to run the installer
        • Critical: Before running the installer, ensure NinjaTrader is closed
        I look forward to your response.

Comment

i got my demo from 'rithmic.com'.
          I'm able to use my rithmic login details on bookmap, but doesn't appear to work on ninja?
          where do i get a rithmic demo that works on nt8?
          thx

Comment

Hello subterfuge,

Thank you for your inquiry.

I'm not aware of a Rithmic demo that can be used to connect to NinjaTrader. When I request a demo from the Rithmic website, I am not able to make it work in NinjaTrader. Wit hthat said, you can request free NinjaTrader Continuum demo from our website.

If you do not yet have an account with one of our supported data providers, you may request a free data demo from the link below;

NinjaTrader is a futures trading platform that delivers integrated multi-device trading. Discover our best platform to trade futures for active futures traders.

This demo will be good for 14 days from the date is requested. Your username and password will be sent to your via email from the email address CQGTrader@<a href="http://cqg.com/" ...k">cqg.com</a>. Please search your email inbox and spam folders for this email after requesting the demo.

Once you've received your username and password, you may create your connection using the guide at the link below;

https://ninjatrader.com/ConnectionGu...nnection-Guide

When creating the connection, please ensure that 'Demo mode' IS selected, 'Use WebAPI' is NOT selected, and that you have not included any extra spaces or characters in your username and password.

Lastly, here is a great place for new users to start which contains many video guides that will help with initial configuration of the platform, including getting logged in:Below, you will find links to some FREE publicly available resources to help you become a NinjaTrader power user:Please feel free to write in with any additional NinjaTrader items we may assist with.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by geddyisodin, Today, 05:20 AM
            3 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post NinjaTrader_Gaby  
            Started by lorem, Today, 09:18 AM
            1 response
            0 likes