Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NT8 Platform Extremely Slow / Laggy / Freezes

Hello,

My computer sometimes freezes and is far too slow for me to even trade. It's not a hardware issue, as my laptop recently went through maintenance. I also own a Falcon F-30 and for those who don't know, this is a top of the line, super fast and powerful computer. In addition, I recently had my internet Wifi upgraded to the fastest service.

Regardless, it seems like every time I try to make an entry, it mostly freezes or lags on me assumedly because of the large amounts of data feed coming through during these big runners.

Much help is needed since I cannot trade under these circumstances at all, not to mention this is becoming very aggravating. I am quite disappointed with NT8 so far.

Would this be a connection problem? Would hooking up my laptop to my internet router via an ethernet cable make anything better in terms of fixing this slow processing data feed?

Thanks in advance.

Best,
    Chris

Hello Chris,

It depends on the code being run in custom scripts. Some scripts require more processing than others. A single script with resource intensive logic could fully utilize a CPU logic processor.

Below is a link to a forum post that discusses performance.
    Hello All, I am using NT8 8.0.17.2. My workspace has been essentially static for more then six months, meaning no new indicators or growth in windows open or

To confirm if the issue is the computer or internet, etc, close all open workspaces.
    In a new blank workspace open a single chart and do not use a chart template and do not add any indicators.
    Then try placing an order. Is the performance the same or is it noticeably better?
    Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for the countless amounts of information. I tried what you had suggested and it is just as slow and as hard to load the data feed. I would like to request a phone call with support - being that this is an emergency. I cannot use the NT8 platform barely at all. It simply keeps on trying to load.

Best,
      Chris

Comment

Hello Chelsea B.,

May I please speak to phone support concerning this matter?

Best,
        Chris

Comment

I am having a same issue with you after Windows 11 update today. Now I cannot drag my ninja chart when using orderflow.

My CPU RAM GPU is fine under 40%

Comment

Hello Chris,

To confirm you have closed all open workspaces, there are no workspaces with an icon to the left in the Workspaces menu except for the newly created blank workspace, is this correct?

How many days to load of data are you loading on the chart that has no indicators on it?
            Is this a minute chart?
            If not, what is the bar type?

To schedule a call we can move this conversation privately to our platform support email.

Please send an email to platformsupport [at] ninjatrader [dot] com.
            In the email please include a link to this forum thread.

Comment

Hello Chelsea B.,

Yes all workspaces are closed.

I am using a price-action Renko bar chart.
              As far as how many days of data - I am sorry...I cannot give that information to you since loading a chart is not possible. The screen is blank and loading (it seems). I am almost certain it is nothing out of the ordinary, however if I had the opportunity to check, I would.

Yes, please, phone support would be very helpful.

Best,
              Chris

Comment

Hello,

To update this thread, we found the testing steps were not performed with all workspaces closed on a new chart with no template and no indicators applied. Once these testing steps were properly followed were not able to reproduce the behavior.

We further determined there is 3rd party software with high cpu resource use causing the behavior.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by cre8able, Yesterday, 01:16 PM
                3 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post cre8able  
                Started by ChartTourist, Today, 08:22 AM
                0 responses
                0 likes