Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

State Change submitted and Cancel Pending

Hello,

I am testing my strategies in paper trading. It happens very often that my strategies stop working as expected showing either of these two order states: Change submitted or Cancel Pending.

Is that something only related to the SIM engine or it will happen the same in my real live account?

Hello roblogic,

These order states indicate NinjaTrader submitted a signal to change/cancel an order. When the order is changed/cancelled, you will see an Accepted/Working or Cancelled order state. Could it be you don't receive realtime data when orders are stuck in 'Change submitted' and 'Cancel Pending'?

Do you notice any other consistency when orders are stuck in these order states?

If you experience this when trading live, please contact your broker as soon as possible to check the status of the order.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks Jason. Are you suggesting that this may be caused by little internet connection drops that are impeding some messages to reach the platform?

This happens all the time the volatility increases.

I don't think it is related to internet dropouts, as if it was the case the strategies would fail all at the same time and that's not the case.

Comment

Orders get stuck when no realtime data is received. A connection loss causes no realtime data to be received.

I suggest to troubleshoot the connection losses with the steps below. Test for connection losses after each step.
        • Restart NinjaTrader
        • Restart your modem and (if applicable) router
        • Restart your PC
        • Clear your DNS
          -Open the Command Prompt: https://www.howtogeek.com/235101/10-...in-windows-10/
          -In the command prompt, run this command: ipconfig /flushdns
        • If you are not already and the option is available to you, connect to the internet using an ethernet cable. Wireless connections are significantly more unreliable.
        • Ensure exceptions have been added into any firewall/antivirus/backup programs for the Documents > "NinjaTrader 8" folder.
        • Ensure that your computer is not turning off your Network Adapter to conserve power:
          -Right-click on your Start button
          -Select 'Device Manager'
          -Expand 'Network Adapters'
          -Right-click on your Network Adapter and select Properties > Power Management
          -Uncheck 'Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power' option
          -Click 'OK' to save the changes
          -Do this for all Network Adapters
        JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thank you!

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by mmenigma, Yesterday, 03:25 PM
          1 response
          0 likes