Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

ZB / 30YR & ZN / 10YR Chart Differences??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ZB / 30YR & ZN / 10YR Chart Differences??

I'm showing completely different Charts when doing a side by side comparison of the ZB / 30YR ( micro ) Daily charts & also when looking at side by side charts of the ZN / 10YR ( micro ) Daily charts

The Contract Expirations are different - both the ZB and the ZN have 3-22 expirations and both the 30YR and the 10YR ( micro ) contracts are showing 2-22

I went into the Database management to try and get the most "front" contracts for all 4 markets - and when doing so, 3-22 is what it's showing me for the ZB and for the ZN and 2-22 for the 30YR and the 10YR

If you look at the Charts I attached, you can see that they are showing complete opposites - the ZB and ZN are showing the market as being "up" and the 30YR and 10YR charts are showing the market as being "down"

I am wanting to trade the 30YR and 10YR - but given that they are showing complete opposites ( in terms of their charts ) when comparing them to their counterparts ( ZB and ZN ), I'm hesistant to trade these Micro contracts

Can anyone help me in figuring out why the charts aren't lining up and mimicking their Larger Contract Equivalents?

Thanks so much for all of the help

Hello mdsvtr19,

Thank you for your post.

I was able to confirm these are correct and it would be expected for the charts to look different as these technically separate instruments that trade independently and will not always mimic each other.

Spencer F.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Spencer,
      really appreciate your reply

The thing that was/is throwing me off, is that they're theoretically the same instrument - yet the charts look to be the complete opposite of one another?

When looking at the ES compared to the MES or GC compared to MGC - These charts look to be almost identical, where as with the Bonds - the regular contracts charts look to be the complete opposite / inverse of their micro contract counterpart's chart ?

Comment

Hello mdsvtr19,

Thank you for your note.

As I able to replicate the same charts there appears to be no issue with the platform or software.

If you have any further questions regarding these instruments and why they are plotting the way they are, you may reach out to your broker for more information on these instruments.

Comment

Hello, I would like to trade the 30YR (ZB "mini/micro version") however, the chart looks choppy on anything below the daily timeframe. Does anyone know why it looks this way? The attached screenshots of my ZB charts they look fine with daily and lower timeframes (30 and 5 minute). I created my 30YR chart by duplicating my ZB and MES charts (tried with both) onto a new tab and then changed the instrument to "30YR" but it didn't help. I don't have tick replay turned on, reloaded all historical data, and using on a Mac via Parallels. Is it because of the low traded volume?
          Attached Files

Comment

Hello hayabusabird,

Thank you for your post.

I was able to confirm the same on my end and this is due to the extremely low volume for the 30YR instrument.

Please let me know if I may be of any further assistance.

Comment

Hello Spencer,
              Thanks for the confirmation! That was helpful and hopefully there will be be more volume soon.
              Chris

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by Segwin, 05-07-2018, 02:15 PM
              14 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post aligator  
              Started by Jimmyk, 01-26-2018, 05:19 AM
              6 responses
              0 likes