Trade on Coinbase account

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trade on Coinbase account

I have an account on Coinbase and I would like to trade a Strategy I ahve developed on Ninjatrader on my Coinbase Account.
    I have followed these steps:
    ttps://ninjatrader.com/es/ConnectionGuides/Coinbase-Connection-Guide
    But it doesn't get to my account; it just simply gives me crypto prices available.
    How can I do it?
    Thanks

Hello plenamar27,

Thank you for your post.

The Coinbase connection is only for simulation trading and does not allow for live trading on Cryptocurrencies.

Live trading for Cryptocurrencies is currently not available on the NinjaTrader platform.
    Spencer F.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Ok, so in order to apply my strategy on cryptocurrencies through Ninjatrader I have opened a futures approved account on TD Ameritrade.
      I have my TD Ameritrade account previously linked to my Ninjatrader from where I have traded automatically with my strategies.
      Now I would like to apply those strategies on Micro Bitcoin Futures from Ninjatrader on my futures approved TD Ameritrade account.
      But I can't even chart the quote of the microbitcoin future on Ninjatrader.
      How can I do it?
      Thanks!
      Plenamar27

Comment

Hello plenamar27,

Thank you for your post.

Unfortunately, the TD Ameritrade connection only supports Stocks within NinjaTrader as outlined in the link below:If you would like more information on Brokers that support Futures trading within NinjaTrader you may reach out to our Platform Sales team at platformsupport[AT]ninjatrader[DOT]com.

Comment

Ok, so now I have opened an Interactive Brokers Account, with Futures and Crypto aproved to trade.
          When I follow the instructions to connect Ninjatrader 8 with my Interactive Broker's Trader Workstation in turns out that I don't have "Interactive Brokers" in my list of "Connections" in my Ninjatrader Menu.
          How can I do it?
          Thanks,
          Plenamar27

Comment

Hello plenamar27,

Thank you for your post.

You may reach out to our Platform Sales Team at the email address below on options to have access to the Interactive Brokers connection within NinjaTrader with your License Key:
            • platformsales[AT]ninjatrader[DOT]com

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Spencer View Post
              Hello plenamar27,
              The Coinbase connection is only for simulation trading and does not allow for live trading on Cryptocurrencies.
              I'd like to sim trade the spot BTC and spot LTC from Coinbase feed...but when I place an order, I get the "No risk settings defined for this instrument" error message. How do I resolve that?
              When I right-click on the Sim account itself, and "Edit account"...I cannot add a new instrument to the "Risk" field...the "add" option at the bottom right is grayed out.

Comment

Hello sbgtrading,

Thank you for your post.

Please follow the steps below to resolve this item:
                • Shutdown NinjaTrader 8
                • Go to Documents\NinjaTrader 8\templates\Risk
                • Delete all of the Risk templates in this directory (unless you have a custom-created risk template)
                • Restart NinjaTrader 8
                Please let me know if you continue to experience the same.

Comment

Thanks for your help Spencer! Looks like that solved the problem.

Comment

Trading your Ninjatrader-developed strategy on your Coinbase account is a cool idea! It seems like you're running into a bit of a snag. To execute your strategy on Coinbase, you'll typically need to use their trading interface and APIs.Here's a quick rundown of the steps:1. Create an API Key on your Coinbase account.2. Integrate this API key with your Ninjatrader platform.3. Use the API to send buy and sell orders based on your strategy.If you only see crypto prices, it might be related to how you're accessing Coinbase's data. Make sure your API integration with Ninjatrader is set up correctly. Also, check out these coin logos for a bit of crypto flair."Trading your Ninjatrader-developed strategy on your Coinbase account is a cool idea! It seems like you're running into a bit of a snag. To execute your strategy on Coinbase, you'll typically need to use their trading interface and APIs.
                    Last edited by NikolaiMckenzie; 01-12-2024, 06:44 AM.

Comment

Hello NikolaiMckenzie,

Please note that it is not supported to trade crypto currency instruments with Coinbase accounts in NinjaTrader Desktop.
                      JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Jason View Post
                        Hello NikolaiMckenzie,

Please note that it is not supported to trade crypto currency instruments with Coinbase accounts in NinjaTrader Desktop.
                        On Ninja Trader website below, this page implies you can trade Coinbase Derivatives from nt8

Nano Bitcoin futures are crypto futures priced right for all traders. Start your Bitcoin futures trading journey by opening an account with NinjaTrader today!

Comment

This is a futures instruments (based on crypto currency) and not a crypto currency instrument.

Comment

I saw the post above and need to know if trading Crypto with the Interactive Brokers gateway is supported by NT???
                            >> also would appreciate info on how this is defined in the NT instrument map (if you might know)

Comment

Unfortunately it is not supported to trade crypto currency instruments in NinjaTrader Desktop with Interactive Brokers (or any other broker).

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by JoMoon2024, Today, 06:56 AM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post JoMoon2024  
                              Started by Haiasi, 04-25-2024, 06:53 PM
                              2 responses
                              0 likes