Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OF volume profile plotting

Hello,

what does one have to set in parameters for having plotted the developing poc in OF-volumeprofile with profile period composite (the reason for composite with 1 day back is to see the profile on the left side of the chart, because with sessions its not visible on the left side of chart). Tested several times, as soon as I switch from profile period session to composite the developing poc (with checked visible) is not plotted anymore.

Thank you!
    Tony

Hello Tony,

Can you please set 'Compose by' to 'Start date' or 'Chart' to see the developing POC.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello,

thank you for your reply. Its plotting now with "chart". But what does this mean please? Is this the profile of the visible chart or all chart?
      I "simply" want to have it for 1 day with plotting the profile visible in the chart window and plotting developing poc. Therefore I had 1 day back to see it in the chart on left side (which does not work with normal session).

I can not set every day the start date for all fx instruments..... So can you please explain me what "chart" means?

Thank you!
      Tony
      Last edited by tonynt; 02-16-2022, 07:35 AM.

Comment

It uses all data loaded in the chart. Can you please right click in the chart and select 'Data Series'. Set 'Days to load' to 1 and click OK.
        Attached Files
        JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thank you!

Comment

Hello,

please see the attached screenshots, data to load is 1 day, screenshot with profile "session" shows developing POC. screenshot with profile "compchart" shows different POC.
            Its the same chart, same indicator parameters, only changed from session to composite chart.

Why please?

Thank you!
            Tony
            Attached Files

Comment

When using the Sessions setting each session as defined by the Charts Data Series or the Trading hours selected is used to calculate the Volume Profile values. With the Profile period set to Composite Composed using Chart all data available in the charts 'Start date' and 'End Date' are used to calculate the Volume Profile values therefore can be different comparing the two.

I have included links below to our Help Guide that goes over these settings as well:
              Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello,

this I understood from the reply before. But why is it different when days to load is "1"? In both, and only changing from sessions to composite with chart?

Thank you!
                Tony

Comment

So I can verify all data visible within your chart please compress your chart X-Axis with the steps below to display all data then attach screenshots of both charts with the Session and Composite settings applied.
                  • Move your mouse to the X-Axis
                  • Hold down your left mouse button
                  • While holding down the left mouse button move the mouse to the left to expand time
                  • While holding down the left mouse button move to the right to compress time

Comment

Hello,

thank you for your reply. I can not force this now on this computer... I do the question different for first step to resolve this: because I want to have plotted the profile for last day visible on chart so I have the parameters for profile as instructed. And I have in datasereries days-to-load 1. But as you can see in the compressed chart its not only 1 day. So if this is all calculated because of composite charts then of course its different. Why is there data for more than 1 day?

Thank you!
                    Tony
                    Attached Files

Comment

When setting the Days to load to 1 this will load historical data for 1 full day session and the data for the current trading day session.

Comment

back to the start...

is it possible to have profile for current day visible on the left side in the chart (even when there are more bars of current day to the left and not visible) and plotting developing poc?

Comment

Currently there is not an option available to pin the profile the left edge of the chart when scrolled forward and will plot beginning with the first bar when using Sessions.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                          Started by DanielTynera, Today, 01:14 AM
                          0 responses
                          0 likes
                          Last Post DanielTynera  
                          Started by yertle, 04-18-2024, 08:38 AM
                          9 responses
                          0 likes