Email Shared service error.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Email Shared service error.

Using outlook settings i send a test email and get "There was an error sending a mail message; Failure sending mail. Unable to connect to the remote server: A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time.......". I used the shared service setup guides so the issue may reside with my email server access settings. Steps for resolving please. Regards and many thanks

Hello elliot5,

Thank you for your post.

What are the settings you have selected to configure your outlook account? I understand that the platform has a preconfigured setting for Outlook that sets the Server to smtp.live.com and the port to 587. That being said, I was able to locate the following publicly available link from the Microsoft support site that explains the IMAP, POP, and SMTP settings needed:

According to the SMTP settings listed, it is possible that for some accounts the server name might need to be smtp-mail.outlook.com although the port of 587 should still be correct. Another item to note is that typically for these setups, the "Email address" field should be your full email, yet your "User name" is sometimes only the first part of your email before the @ symbol and should not be your full email address. In other cases, you should use the full email for the email address and the user name. I believe for Hotmail the setting is supposed to be "[email protected]" and that also uses the smtp.live.com server - this means that the outlook settings might require the full email in the user name field as well. Each time you make an adjustment to the configuration, you may click Apply then use the "Send e-mail test" option to try a test email.

If you continue to encounter errors when trying to send a test email or you do suspect the underlying issue resides with your email server access settings, please send me your log and trace files so that I may look into what occurred.

You can do this by going to the Control Center-> Help-> Email Support

Ensuring 'Log and Trace Files' is checked will include these files. This is checked by default.

Please include a link to this forum post and reference the following ticket number in the body of the email: 3487516 ATTN Emily

Please let me know if I may be of further assistance.
    Emily C.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I changed the server to smtp-mail.outlook.com and now get the following - "There was an error - The STMP server requires a secure connection or the client was not authenticated. The server response was 5.7.57 Client not authenticated to send mail.

Comment

Hello elliot5,

Thank you for the update.

Do you use two-step verification for your Outlook account? If so, you will need to create an app password to authenticate NinjaTrader for the share services. This process is explained in the following publicly available link:

I suspect that after creating an app password and entering that password into the NinjaTrader share service configuration, the test email should be successful.

Please let me know if I may be of further assistance.
        Emily C.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Emily - yes the two step verification was the issue. Thank you very much for your valuable assistance.

Last edited by elliot5; 02-15-2022, 12:51 PM.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by alifarahani, Today, 09:40 AM
          4 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post alifarahani  
          Started by gentlebenthebear, Today, 01:30 AM
          3 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post NinjaTrader_Jesse