Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Can you add a Quantity Selector Field to the Custom Orders Hotkeys window ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can you add a Quantity Selector Field to the Custom Orders Hotkeys window ?

Can you add a Quantity Selector Field to the Custom Orders Hotkeys window (from Control Center > Tools > Hotkeys > Order Entry > Custom Order) ?

Click image for larger version

Name:	hotkeys_customorderdialog.png
Views:	324
Size:	23.4 KB
ID:	1189331

For example, adding as point 6 the quantity selector, then the hotkey as point 7 then the Ok button as point 8.

From

Trading with Hot Keys

Under this section How to create custom order actions

I'd like to preset custom default quantity of custom Hotkeys.

What was the rational for not adding the quantity selector in the Custom order hotkeys window?

Is there another NT8 way to achieve the same goal already built in? if not can you give guidelines to program it into the Custom Order window (the exact same code from ChartTrader window and the process to implement to add it to the Custom Order window)? Thanks

Hello PaulMohn,

The order hot key will use the order quantity defined in the order entry window (SuperDOM, ChartTrader, etc) that is used to submit the order.

Thank you for the suggestion.

I have submitted this as a feature request to the Development Team. I will follow up with an internal tracking number for your reference as soon as it is created.

Thanks in advance for your patience.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello Jason, the end goal is to use the hotkey independent of the DOM and ChartTrader with predefined quantity other than the built in default quantity.

Please answer the following questions:

What was the rationale for not adding the quantity selector in the Custom order hotkeys window?

Is there another NT8 way to achieve the same goal already built in? if not can you give guidelines to program it into the Custom Order window (the exact same code from ChartTrader window and the process to implement to add it to the Custom Order window)? Thanks

I found this 7 years old similar request.
      https://ninjatrader.com/support/foru...514#post695514

Comment

It uses the order quantity defined in the order entry window you use. You need to have an order entry window active when using hot keys.

There is no other built in way to achieve your goal. I'm not a programmer myself, so I won't be able to assist in this regard. Please post a new message under 'NinjaTrader 8 - General Development' and a member of the NinjaScript support team can assist you.

Comment

Ok, thanks for the redirection.

Comment

Thanks for your patience.

The internal tracking number for your feature request is SFT-5458. Please reference this internal tracking number when contacting Platform Support if you ever have questions regarding this feature request.

When a feature request is implemented, you'll find a description of the new feature in the release notes:

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by pibrew, Today, 06:10 PM
            1 response
            0 likes
            Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred  
            Started by actualfacts.2021, 07-25-2021, 03:11 PM
            8 responses
            0 likes