Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Replay Question

Hello all,

Is there a keystroke that will take you one bar at a time forwards or backwards?

Thanks.

Hello Segwin,

Thanks for your post.

You can use the left and right arrow keys on your keyboard to accomplish this.

Please do not hesitate to contact us for any other NinjaTrader inquiries you may have.
    Shawn B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello Shawn,

I'm connected to the playback connection, the radio button for Market Replay is selected, I press the green play button on the Playback window and pressing any of the four arrow keys does nothing here. There is data there and if I increase the speed it does change. I have a few charts open if that makes a difference.

Thanks.

Comment

Hello Segwin,

Thanks for your post.

Please select your chart by left-clicking on it, then try using the left and right arrow keys.

Please do not hesitate to contact us for any other NinjaTrader inquiries you may have.

Comment

No, that doesn't make a difference Shawn. The only thing the arrow keys do is move the chart left,right, up & down. I'm using a Logitech G19 keyboard if that makes any difference (it shouldn't though).

2nd edit: If I click on the playback window itself then the arrow keys work but it only changes the time by 1 second and not one day/one bar.
          Last edited by Segwin; 02-10-2022, 03:31 PM.

Comment

Hello Segwin,

Thanks for your post.

I see. You are wanting to replay the bars one at a time. Unfortunately, there isn't a way to replay data one bar at a time. There is only the option to navigate historical data one bar at a time.

Comment

I switched to historical on the playback window and the arrow keys still only work to change the time in 1 second intervals.

Comment

Hello Segwin,

Thanks for your post.

I was referring to historical data in a chart, not the historical playback option. The playback connection will not allow users to move forward and play market replay data or historical data one bar at a time.

Comment

Hi Segwin,

There's a way to accomplish this but will require Visual Studio in debug mode. If you are familiar with this feature, then here's what you can do.

In the OnBarUpdate() method, do a check for if (IsFirstTickOfBar) and have a simple Print statement. On that Print statement, put a debug breakpoint. That way, no matter what speed you have replay at, it will always stop on the first tick of the new bar. This will allow you to view the events/status of the just completed bar.

Admittedly, this solution requires to be comfortable with Visual Studio and know a little bit of code.

Hope that helps!
                  Matt

Comment

Hi, I can confirm there is no function to step through the bars in replay. Stealth has a good solution but does require some prerequisite knowledge of running and creating NinjaScripts. All the tools and educational resources for creating scripts is linked here:

Kind regards,
                    -ChrisL
                    Chris L.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by josh18955, 03-25-2023, 11:16 AM
                    6 responses
                    0 likes
                    Last Post Delerium  
                    Started by FAQtrader, Today, 03:35 PM