Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Location of Custom Watchlists - Saving and Transfer

Dear Support

I was recently directed to save and rename db > NinjaTrader folder and install the latest version of NT8 for a fresh start to improve performance. After installing the most recent NT8, I noticed a new db > NinjaTrade file was created. However, after starting NT8 I noticed that only default Watch Lists were present and all other custom watch lists were missing. Two question please:

1. I know my custom indicators, strategies, templates, etc. can be backed up and saved, but the custom watch lists are not saved. What else is missing here in addition to custom watchlists?
    2. Are custom watch lists recoverable after going through the process I described. Where is the location and what is the process for recovering and installing my custom watch lists? I know that I can revert to my old db > NinjaTrader file, but that is not the answer I am looking for. Are the Custom Watchlists accessible to copy and reinstall in a fresh NT8 implementation?

I would expect that anything custom like indicators, etc. would be available for use after a fresh NT8 installation.

Many thanks.

Hello aligator,

Thank you for your post.

" I know my custom indicators, strategies, templates, etc. can be backed up and saved, but the custom watch lists are not saved. What else is missing here in addition to custom watchlists? "
    Configuration files Contains user specific information such as license keys, account settings, and other user defined options
    Database (Historical trade data) Contains your historical trade execution data which is used to build reports in the Account Performance window
    Historical chart data* Chart data which has been recorded from a live connection, downloaded from a data provider, or manually imported
    Log and Trace files Diagnostic files written by the NinjaTrader application to record activity which can be analyzed by our customer service team during support inquiries
    Market replay* Data files used to drive the Level 1 and Level 2 price updates when using the Playback connection
    NinjaScript files Custom developed indicators, strategy, other add-ons. This option includes both user developed and 3rd party vendor files
    Templates Custom user defined configuration and display settings for features such as Charts, Strategies, Market Analyzer, ATM Strategies, SuperDOM
    Workspaces Files which are used to persist the over-all layout of a users working area.
    All other items are assumed to not be saved. The Backup & Restore will outline all of the options and properties of the backup feature.

" Are custom watch lists recoverable after going through the process I described. Where is the location and what is the process for recovering and installing my custom watch lists? I know that I can revert to my old db > NinjaTrader file, but that is not the answer I am looking for. Are the Custom Watchlists accessible to copy and reinstall in a fresh NT8 implementation? "

You can copy the template file from the old Documents\NinjaTrader 8\templates\HotListAnalyzer folder and paste it to the new Documents\NinjaTrader 8\templates\HotListAnalyzer folder.

Please do not hesitate to contact us for any other NinjaTrader inquiries you may have.

Shawn B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks NinjaTrader_ShawnB ,

So, I guess the main question still remains, where are the custom watchlists located and how can they be saved and then recovered? I am familiar with all the items that are included in backup files and that can be re-imported again. But how about Custom Watch Lists?

Thanks.

Comment

Hello aligator,

Thank you for your response.

Custom Instrument Lists are saved as part of the database file. This is the NinjaTrader.sdf file located at C:\Users\<Yourusername>\Documents\NinjaTrader 8\db.

Please let us know if we may assist you any further.
        Zachary S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Zachary View Post
          Hello aligator,

Thank you for your response.

Custom Instrument Lists are saved as part of the database file. This is the NinjaTrader.sdf file located at C:\Users\<Yourusername>\Documents\NinjaTrader 8\db.

Please let us know if we may assist you any further.
          Perhaps, a request to include custom instrument lists as part of the backup feature in a future NT update will be really helpful, so all is not lost in an unanticipated event and reinstallation.

Thanks

Comment

Hello alligator,

Thank you for your reply.

If you include your database when you create the backup archive, your instrument lists will be saved as well. Are you wanting a feature that saves instrument lists independently of the database file? If so, I'd be happy to submit that request to development on your behalf.

I look forward to your response.
            Zachary S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by rdtdale, Yesterday, 01:02 PM
            2 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post rdtdale
            by rdtdale

Started by TradeSaber, Today, 07:18 AM