X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

nt windows always in a different order.

people with nt,

regards.

nt is not the easiest platform to place trades manually with. numbers, charts and indicators are not the sharpest and clicking to create entries and bracket orders can also be a slow and complicated process.

the biggest problem i have had with nt is the following: if i have a workspace with 5 windows, nt will never display them in the same order. it is a mess. i like to work with all windows for all programs maximized and i do this with nt. for example, i would like to have a workspace where i could have a market analyzer, a 5 minute chart, then a 2 minute chart, a 1 minute chart and then a window for entries and exits. always in this same order, from the biggest bar size to the smallest and then the windows to place trades.

and i have created this kind of workspaces, however, when i close and reopen the workspace nt will load the windows in any disparate order it feels like and i haven't found a way to set the windows back to the order i want. even switching from one workspace to another will also result in windows being loaded in a random order. additionally, if one restores down a window, nt will send it to the last place, same if one maximizes a window. and, if the platform is processing a lot of information, it will stop responding and this will also randomly shuffle the order the windows in a workspace are displayed in.

¿is there any way to stop nt from doing this and to have windows in a workspace always be loaded and kept in the same, predictable, invariable order?

very well, regards.

Hello rtwave,

Thank you for your note.

Are you by chance using multiple monitors along with this workspace or is this all loading onto a single monitor?

I would like to test your workspace on my end to see if I can reproduce. I am finding that my saved workspace seems to be loading as expected each time.

Please follow the steps below to manually attach your log, trace and workspace files to an email to platformsupport[AT]ninjatrader[DOT]com with "ATTN CHRIS S 3467702" in the subject line so I may investigate this matter further.
    • Open your NinjaTrader folder under Documents.
    • Right click on the 'log' and 'trace' and 'workspace' folders and select Send To> Compressed (zipped) Folder.
    • Send the 2 compressed folders as attachments to this email.
    • Once complete, you can delete these compressed folders.
    I look forward to your reply.

Comment

NinjaTrader_ChrisSch,

thanks.

these problems have all happened with one single monitor.

i have been working on a modest 4 gigabyte ram laptop for 2+ years and have always had these issues with nt. i used to have a 64 gigabyte ram dedicated server with hetzner where i had nt installed and this would also happen there. i now have a 4 gigabyte ram virtual server and this problem with shuffling nt windows is persistent in that device as well.

i will try to create a sample workspace and send the pertinent files to nt as soon as i have a chance.

very well, regards.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by DJ888, 04-16-2024, 06:09 PM
      6 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post DJ888
      by DJ888

Started by Jon17, Today, 04:33 PM
      0 responses