Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Chart Trader - Order Qty. restting between trades?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chart Trader - Order Qty. restting between trades?

Hi there,

my uncle and I both use NinjaTrader for futures. His platform is linked to his IBKR account while mine is not as I have and account with GFF. Here is my question: when I set the order qty in chart trader it remains at the same number between trades unless I change it myself, whereas my uncle's resets to 1 every time in between each trade?? He would like it to remain on the amount he sets in between trades but we can't seem to find a setting to change that??

Thanks,
    Steve

Hello Steve9669,

Thank you for writing in.

There is no way to specify a Default Order Quantity that is to be used for all instruments throughout the platform.

Although, if there is no ATM Strategy Selected, the order quantity should remain the same between orders.

If an ATM Strategy is selected, the Order Quantity will default back to however many Contracts are specified for the order within the ATM Strategy.

I created a Video to demonstrate what I am referring to above:
    If this was not the case, please provide us with the exact steps that are being taken when placing orders.
    Clayton G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hey thanks for getting back to me.

The interesting thing is we both have an ATM strategey selected and yet his reverts to 1 between trades but mine does not??

Steve

Comment

Hello Steve9669,

Thank you for the update.

Are you and your Uncle using the most recent version of NinjaTrader 8.0.25.0?
        • Go to the Control Center > Help > About
        • If either of you are not using the most recent version of NinjaTrader, please use the steps below to update the platform:
          • First, copy your license key from NinjaTrader under Help> License Key then exit NinjaTrader
          • Click on the link: https://ninjatrader.com/PlatformDirect
          • Enter your license key and press Submit
          • Select 'Download'
          • Critical: Before running the installer, ensure NinjaTrader is closed.

If you look at the underlying ATM Strategy that is being used on each computer, what is the Quantity defined for the ATM Strategy?
        • The Quantity defined for the underlying ATM Strategy is going to be the Quantity that the Order Quantity selector will revert to after an order is closed.

The ATM Strategy Selection Mode could also be involved here.
        • Right-click on the Chart Trader Panel or order entry window you are using and select "Properties"
        • General > ATM Strategy Selection Mode
          • "Select active ATM Strategy on Order Submission"
            • This mode will automatically select the newly created active ATM Strategy on entry order submission in the ATM Strategy control list. This is the default setting upon initial NinjaTrader installation.
            • This mode will cause the Order Quantity to switch back to the Quantity that is specified within the underlying ATM Strategy that is selected
          • "Keep Selected ATM Strategy Template on Order Submission"
            • This mode will keep the currently selected ATM Strategy template selected in the strategy control list upon order submission.
            • This mode will ignore the quantity selected for the underlying ATM Strategy and keep the Quantity that was previously used
        • Please see the following link for an in-depth description on the different ATM Strategy selection modes and a video to demonstrate:

Comment

Hey Clayton,

My version is 8.0.24.3. My ATM strategy changes based on the parameters that I put into the order qty section of the chart trader. And that never changes for me unless I change the order qty. I like it like that, but essentially what your saying is that my uncle will not be able to do that. He has the latest version downloaded.

Important note, my ATM strategy qty fluctuates based on the order qty input that I set on each trade in chart trader. In between trades order qty remains the same as what I set it at. My uncle's functions how you're describing, but mine does not.

Anyhow it's just something that he will have to work around if it's not a setting that he can adjust. Thanks again for your time, really appreciate it!

Steve

Comment

Hello Steve9669,

Thank you for the update.

This behavior was addressed within the most recent update to NinjaTrader 8.0.25.0At this time, this is the expected behavior of the ATM Strategy Order Quantity selector, and the only way to "Change" this behavior is to change the "ATM Strategy Selection Mode" as previously described.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by PaulMohn, Today, 05:00 AM
            0 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post PaulMohn  
            Started by ZenCortexAuCost, Today, 04:24 AM
            0 responses
            0 likes