Collapse

Nt8 lag lag lag

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for the info EB Worx - for anyone interested, here is a string addressing the 4k issue, and NT Customer Service's response from March 2019 (with no change since)
    "NinjaTrader does not officially support 4K resolutions..."
    I had to read it twice...
    "NinjaTrader does not officially support 4K resolutions..."

4k monitors were introduced commercially in 2013.

If you care to see NT8 support 4K resolutions future releases, you may wish to visit that string and add your vote in support of SFT-2307. Seriously....

Comment

@EB Worx,
      I run six 2560 x 1440 27" DELL Ultrasharp monitors, not 4k. I have same issues with NT lag on two monitors, four monitors and six monitors. I've tested monitor counts also. This issue should be directed toward Ninjatrader software at this point.
      Last edited by whiterhino; 04-03-2022, 08:10 PM.

Comment

Expected outcome

Comment

I also have the same LAG problem for a long time, it´s very bad. Everytime my chart is totally different after I reloaded the data. And because of the huge LAG I can´t trade.

I used Rithmic as my data feed provider for the last two weeks and they have an perfomance option, where you can change the max market data updates/second for your quotes and order book. I set it to 1 second and this fixed the LAG problem.

So I´m sure the problem comes from the NinjaTrader Continuum as the data provider. I asked the support if NinjaTrader has something similar, an option where you can adjust the market data updates/second for the quotes and order book but Ninjatrader 8 does not have such an option.

It would be great if they add an performance option like in Rithmic ! NinjaTrader_Manfred NinjaTrader_RyanS

Here is a screenshot of Rithmic performance option:
          Attached Files
          Last edited by EasyTrading; 05-08-2022, 07:57 AM.

Comment

Hello EasyTrading,

Thank you very much for the feedback and suggestion!

I've submitted this idea as a feature request to our development team. I'll follow up with you as soon as I have a tracking number.
            Manfred F.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I have APEX indicators and Jigsaw dayTradr plugin. I have several charts up at one time. I also have other platforms on other PC's. The PC's are fast with a lot of memory. And I have a dual router connected to 2 reasonably high speed ISP's. My Sierra Chart with multiple charts running (more than NT8) runs fine. My MultiChart with only ES on a single chart runs fine. Think or Swim on two other PC's runs fine. NT8 did fine like this for many months, but for the last week or two, the ES chart has lagged. On NT8, GC RTY, & CL run fine. ES opens a wide (around 5 points) spread on the dayTradr DOM and the NT8 ES chart is around 5 points away from price. After I close NT8 and connect dayTradr directly to Rithmic Trader Pro, everything is hunky-dory.

I am just adding my 2-cents-worth. I am not looking for the kind of help I have gotten from Jigsaw and what seems to be the "help" offered by Ninja. After the last intensive "help" session by Jigsaw, it took me a week or two to get my software fully back to the setup I want to run and I had to find my own way. The answer from several sources seems to be, "Run the software the way we tell you rather than the way you want to run it." Given the choice of run it like we say or not at all, not at all is my choice. Providentially, there are other choices of software. Improvidentially, I have paid for 14 months of APEX indicators for NT8, but NT8's sorry performance costs me more than those indicators.

Comment

Originally posted by wbayne333 View Post
                I can't trust this platform anymore. The data lag issue has cost me a lot of money. The attached screenshot is an example of what I experience on a regular basis. The chart shows a winning position yet I'm losing money. It makes no sense. I have a very powerful computer, fiber connection to the internet and minimal tabs and indicators. I have a lifetime license and getting very frustrated with my investment. This needs to be fixed now.
                Did you enter with a market order? or limit order

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by sgordet, Today, 11:48 AM
                0 responses
                1 view
                0 likes
                Last Post sgordet
                by sgordet

Started by Trader146, Today, 11:41 AM