Hot Key for "Run"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hot Key for "Run"

Is there any way to have a hot key for the "Run" button in the Strategy Analyzer? I do lots of backtests and optimizations. Having such a key would be very nice (rather than having to mouse there everytime).

Hello spottysallrite,

Thank you for your inquiry.

There would not be a way to set a hot key for the Run button at the current time.

However, I have added a vote for you to an existing feature request for such a hot key. This request is being tracked under the number SFT-2386.

As with all feature requests, interest is tracked before implementation is considered, so we cannot offer an ETA or promise of fulfillment. If implemented, it will be noted in the Release Notes page of the Help Guide.

Release Notes — https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...ease_notes.htm

Please let us know if we may be of further assistance to you.

Kate W.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks for adding my vote, as well as the reference to the Release Notes. I'm very much looking forward to this being implemented (seems like it would be a pretty easy mod).

However, I don't see that the Release Notes has any mention of any SFTs, As such, I would have to read thru pretty much everyone of those of every release to know if this has been implemented. And, there are typically dozens of entries for each release, making this very slow and tedious. As such, is there any way to include the SFT in the Comments of the Release Notes?

Further, when (if ? !) this does get implemented, would the Help Guide be updated as well? (eg, include this feature in the "Strategy Analyzer Layout" page, and perhaps an indication of the path taken when using the "Tab" key)

Comment

Hello spottysallrite,

Thank you for your reply.

Yes, you would have to look at the actual notes for each item. By the time they get to the development team they are no longer referred to by the SFT number as new tickets are made for the development team and only part of a particular SFT may be selected for development. It would be even more misleading for SFTs like this particular one, as that number tracks all requests for different kinds of new hot keys, so you might see that SFT number listed and think it refers to your request but a different hot key was simply added. There wouldn't be a good way for us to do that, unfortunately.

It would be up to the product management team as to what exactly would get added to the help guide regarding any updates to the platform, but that does frequently get updated when new features are added.

Please let us know if we may be of further assistance to you.
        Kate W.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

For this hot key, may I suggest the "Enter" key, or perhaps the "F5" key (which is the compile key in the Editor).

Comment

Rather than a hot key for a specific purpose, how about extending programmable hotkey events (or at least a few) to NinjaScript. It would be much appreciated to trap key events so we could run some method while the strategy was actually running live.

Comment

Hello spottysallrite and Chippy,

Thanks for your notes.

This is Brandon replying on behalf of Kate.

spottysallrite, your vote and note have been added to feature request SFT-2386.

Chippy, your vote has also been added to feature request SFT-2386.

Please reference this internal tracking number when contacting Platform Support if you ever have questions regarding this feature request.

When a feature request is implemented, you'll find a description of the new feature in the release notes:Let us know if we may assist further.
              Brandon H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by poplagelu, Today, 05:00 AM
              0 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post poplagelu  
              Started by fx.practic, 10-15-2013, 12:53 AM
              5 responses
              0 likes