Questions about Trading Futures

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Questions about Trading Futures

Hi, NinjaTraders, I'm new at trading futures and I had some questions to figure out exactly what the cost of each trade is. According to NinjaTrader's website here: https://ninjatrader.com/PDF/ninjatra...ommissions.pdf

Q1: The commission for a single ES contract is 2.69. If I take 1 ES contract trade and then exit the trade, will I be charged twice for the commission, since I am making 2 different trades?

Q2: If I instead took a trade for 2 ES contracts, would I be charged 2.69 for each contract, so 5.38 to enter the trade and 5.38 to exit the trade?

Q3: At the time of writing, the bid/ask prices for ES[H22], 4462.75 as the bid and 4463.00 is the ask, so the difference is 0.25. Considering that one ES trade is worth $50xSP500, this 0.25 difference equates to $12.50. Thus for every contract you trade, do you lose $12.50 on the bid/ask spread?

Q4: General Summary: If I've done all the math right, is the total cost of a single contract of an ES trade (disregarding price change) is approximately 12.50 + (2.69*2) = $17.88. On the other hand, a singe MES trade would cost (0.77*2)+2.50=$4.04 (the bid ask is ~0.50 in an MES trade, so the cost of that is 2.50 instead of 1.25 and the commission is 0.77 instead of 2.69)

Can someone check to make sure I've done all my math right?

Hello akm39,

Thanks for your post.

Please write in to our Brokerage Support department for questions regarding commissions and pricing. The Brokerage Support department could be contacted at brokeragesupport[AT]ninjatrader.com.

For commissions specific questions you could write into commissions[AT]ninjatrader.com.

Let us know if we may assist further.
    Brandon H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by TradeForge, 04-19-2024, 02:09 AM
    2 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post TradeForge  
    Started by aprilfool, 12-03-2022, 03:01 PM
    3 responses