Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trailing stop

Good evening,

I am struggling in the set up of the Trailing stop on the Nasdaq Market, do you have any suggestions on the values to enter?

Thanks

Hello FouedR,

Please note that we can only provide technical support for the NinjaTrader platform. I can't provide trading advice on what values are best to use to trade the Nasdaq market.

If you want the Auto Trail to function a certain way, please tell me how you want it to function and I can provide the values to have the Auto Trail function like that.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Good afternoon thanks for your feedback. Apparently I have to set it up as follow:

Stop 30 points
      Profit trigger 5 or 10
      Plus: 2.

Shall I set up anything also in the first Panel under "Order Quantity" and "Parameter types"?

Please find enclosed some print screen as I have also error messages.

Comment

I suggest to submit the stop loss further away from your entry. You have it configured to a value of 1, so it will submit the stop loss 1 tick away from your entry. I assume you don't want to submit the stop loss that close.

Auto Breakeven
        At 10 ticks in profit your stop loss is adjusted to 2 ticks in profit (2 ticks above your entry if you are long).

Auto Trail
        At 10 ticks in profit your stop loss is adjusted to a 20 tick loss, because it will be adjusted to 30 ticks behind the current market price (20 ticks below your entry if you are long). For every additional 20 ticks in profit, it will readjust the stop loss to 30 ticks behind the current market price.

Both the Auto Breakeven and Auto Trail use the same profit trigger of 10 ticks which does not make sense. Can you please tell me how exactly you want the stop loss to adjust and I can provide the settings you need.

The error is as expected. You can't submit sell stop market/limit orders above the current market price. The same applies for buy stop market/limit orders below the current market price. Please submit a limit order instead.

Comment

Thank you for your answer.
          So what should I do if I want to set a trailing stop loss of 2 ticks ? Thank you sincerely if you can make a print screen of the table "Strategy Parameters" and "stop strategy parameters".
          Thank you!

Comment

Can you please tell me what exactly you mean by "trailing stop loss of 2 ticks". If you want the stop loss adjusted to 2 ticks behind the current market price, you would enter a value of 2 for 'Stop loss' as per the Auto Trail.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by mgco4you, Today, 09:46 PM
            1 response
            0 likes
            Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred  
            Started by wzgy0920, Today, 09:53 PM
            0 responses
            0 likes