Transitioning from 7 to 8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Transitioning from 7 to 8

I have installed NT8. I have been using NT7 for years, and I make extensive use of the NtDirect.dll and use an external data feed from Tradestation.
    Several questions
    1. On the orders tab there was a window at the top where you could see prices and place edit orders; where is that in NT8?
    2. I have enabled external data feed, but my TS indicators that use the dll are failing; is the NtDirect.dll the same with NT7 and NT8?
    3. Do I need to replace or remove the NtDirect.dll file which is in my Tradestation program folder?
    4. I installed the NT8 64 bit version; for TS, do I need the 32 or 64 bit version of NtDirect?
    Last edited by Atomic; 01-06-2022, 12:32 PM.

Hello Atomic,

Thanks for the post.

Tradestation works a bit different in NinjaTrader 8 versus NinjaTrader 7. In NinjaTrader 7 you can use it as a data provider, but this is not supported in 8. In NinjaTrader 8 Tradestation is only supported for use to run strategies and submit orders, and you would need a different data provider to view live data. The NtDirect.dll would not be relevant to NinjaTrader 8 in this case.

Regarding your first question, NinjaTrader 8 does still have an Orders tab, but you will find it listed at the bottom of the Control Center rather than the top like it was in NinjaTrader 7. You can read more about the Orders tab below:Please let us know if we may be of any further assistance.
    Last edited by NinjaTrader_Melissa; 01-06-2022, 12:52 PM. Reason: Edited to add Help Guide link
    Melissa J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Melissa View Post
      Hello Atomic,

Thanks for the post.

Tradestation works a bit different in NinjaTrader 8 versus NinjaTrader 7. In NinjaTrader 7 you can use it as a data provider, but this is not supported in 8. In NinjaTrader 8 Tradestation is only supported for use to run strategies and submit orders, and you would need a different data provider to view live data. The NtDirect.dll would not be relevant to NinjaTrader 8 in this case.

Regarding your first question, NinjaTrader 8 does still have an Orders tab, but you will find it listed at the bottom of the Control Center rather than the top like it was in NinjaTrader 7. You can read more about the Orders tab below:Please let us know if we may be of any further assistance.
      Boooo! Do all the order sending and management functions work the same?

Comment

Hello,

Thanks for the reply.

Yes, the order management functions largely work the same. The symbol mapping, workspace settings, etc. are basically identical. There are a couple of options in the AT Interface that were available in NinjaTrader 7 that are not available in 8, but overall running a strategy is going to work quite similarly to NinjaTrader 7, minus the live data.

You can read the NinjaTrader 8 Tradestation Set Up documentation below:Please let us know if you have any further questions.
        Melissa J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by fx.practic, 10-15-2013, 12:53 AM
        5 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post Bidder
        by Bidder

Started by Shai Samuel, 07-02-2022, 02:46 PM
        4 responses