IB TWS - Delayed Data

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IB TWS - Delayed Data

Hi, could you please help. Downloaded the latest TWS just today, and connecting to TWS but only getting delayed data. Not using IB Gateway just TWS itself.

Hello stevenev1,

Thank you for your message.

To properly receive data and make trades through IB using NinjaTrader 8, you will need to use TWS version 981.3g or IB Gateway 981.3g, which may be downloaded directly from our IB Connection Guide linked below:

NinjaTrader — Interactive Brokers Connection Guide

Once you have downloaded the updated version of TWS/IB Gateway required to work with IB in NinjaTrader, continue to follow along with that Connection Guide to ensure that everything is set up and enabled for the two programs to communicate and work correctly with one another.

Using NinjaTrader 8 with any other version of the IB platform will result in unexpected behavior as these versions are not officially supported. Your IB software will also refrain from automatically updating when downloaded from our Connection Guide.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions.
    Justin D.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Strange thing is that some symbols are delayed, some are not, whereas they are all real time in IB. So SOXL is delayed but MSFT is real time. Please see the image.
      Attached Files

Comment

Hello stevenev1,

Thank you for your response.

You may need to reach out to IB directly to confirm that you are set to receive live data and not delayed data for SOXL and other instruments you are seeing this behavior on. If you are only seeing it on specific instruments, it will most likely be a data subscription-related cause.

Comment

Thank you, Justin. I dug in further and found the issue is actually not symbol related. The charts are not updating from IB. If I change the symbol and then change back to the original symbol, then it updates. So generally updates are not working, i.e. Ninja is not pulling the data on a regular basis. I am just using the latest TWS and no Gateway.

I think this is Ninja and not IB related as refresh should be done by Ninja. Please advise.

Comment

Hello stevenev1,

Thank you for your response.

If you are refreshing your chart and it updates with the latest historical data, then it is receiving the data correctly from the servers but it is not getting any live data from Interactive Brokers. You can confirm this if you right-click on the chart and select 'Reload Historical Data'.

If the data updates, it is not having any trouble receiving it from the IB servers, it just isn't receiving the live data specifically which will be subscription-related. I recommend reaching out to IB to make sure your account is set to receive live data for these instruments.

Comment

Thanks, JustinD. Guess it is subscription related. I will contact IB and hope they can solve the issue.

Many thanks!

Comment

Ok, It is fixed. The issue was I had downloaded the latest TWS, but Ninja advisory said to download TWS 981.3g. Once I used TWS 981.3g, everything worked!

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by fx.practic, 10-15-2013, 12:53 AM
                5 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post Bidder
                by Bidder

Started by Shai Samuel, 07-02-2022, 02:46 PM
                4 responses
                0 likes