Calculate *Proximity* to Max Drawdown

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Calculate *Proximity* to Max Drawdown

This is a little hard to describe so hang in there with me.

My prop firm allows for a $1,000 max drawdown. My example to the problem is below:

Trade 1: I lose -$900
    Trade 2: I win $1,100 -- I now am green $100 with a $900 max drawdown.
    Trade 3, 4, 5, and 6, I lose -$200, -$200, -$300, -$199. - ok it's 6:53am in the morning and I made 4 quick trades and wasn't able to keep track of where I was. My max drawdown still reads $900.

The problem is that I'm not aware that I'm just one dollar from my max drawdown. I'm actually just one trade from blowing up but there's no indication on the trade performance window (that I can find) as to how close I really am.

Or is there? Is there a way to track how far I have dipped down? The above example is an exaggeration but I'm just trying to explain how I'd like to monitor closely after each trade where I stand as far as how far into my max drawdown I actually am before I make my next trade.

Thank you

Coop

Unfortunately, the Trade Performance screen is not going to give you an accurate enough picture as you've pointed out. I'd recommend contacting your prop firm to see if they have any tools that could provide you with the real-time account statistics that you're looking for. If your prop firm is based on Rithmic, then you could ask your prop firm if Rithmic's software, Rithmic Trader Pro, has the functionality you desire.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by trilliantrader, 04-18-2024, 08:16 AM
    5 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post trilliantrader  
    Started by Davidtowleii, Today, 12:15 AM
    0 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post Davidtowleii