Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UPDATE Holiday Dates 2022

Good morning,

Please I need help regarding the 2022 holiday date update for NT8.

It may be an already open topic in the forum but I have tried to search for something similar and have not found anything.

I have been using NT version 7 for years and this year I started using V8.
    I noticed months ago that in the section: "Tools" --- "Trading Hours" you can see the holidays.
    Not all of the templates listed in the long list have holidays, but there are many others that do.

I only use for my traiding sessions the ES asset.
    And inside my workspace in my various tabs of different timeframes I use 3 templates trading hours which are:

- CME US INDEX FUTURES ETH (Attached image number 1)
    - Personal configuration of name: “HIROKKU_ES_NO_HORA_EXTRA” (Attached image number 2)
    - Personal configuration of name: “HIROKKU_ES_GLOBEX HORA ESPAÑA” (Attached image number 3) - Here I have not set any holidays

I have several questions:

1) How do I proceed to update, all the templates or only the ones I use?
    And the official holiday dates, where can I get them if I have to do it manually?

2) Is it possible that I am running a new version of NT8?
    My version is: 8.0.25.0 64 bit.

3) Maybe it is not necessary to upgrade it.

I hope you can help me to do it as automatically as possible to avoid errors in the update process. My experience with this kind of thing is limited.

Finally, my NT8 has my native language setting: SPANISH.

I am waiting for your good help.
    Thank you very much and best regards.

Hi Javier, thanks for posting.

The default session templates are automatically updated by our servers every year with the holiday information. These "HIROKKU" templates are not default templates, so they must update the holidays manually. 8.0.25 is the newest version of NinjaTrader.

Best regards,
    -ChrisL
    Chris L.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_ChrisL View Post
      Hi Javier, thanks for posting.

The default session templates are automatically updated by our servers every year with the holiday information. These "HIROKKU" templates are not default templates, so they must update the holidays manually. 8.0.25 is the newest version of NinjaTrader.

Best regards,
      -ChrisL
      Hello again,
      Thanks Chris for your help.

Please I need to ask you some clarify questions:

Can you confirm me if that automatic update is with new version of NT or I have to go to: "Tools" --- "Database" --- option: "Update trading hours template".
      Or is it another process that I am not informed about and I have to keep an eye on it.
      What date do you know I could do this process?

Finally an obvious question:

When I do the manual process in my template "HIROKKU" can I copy the holidays from the other template called: "CME US INDEX FUTURES ETH"?
      Is there a way to do it copy paste or some trick to avoid errors.
      I just entered and there is the option: "Add" and I would have to go one by one adding the holidays and their corresponding hours.

Best regards.

Comment

Hi Javier, thanks for the follow up.

The platform will update the trading hours template every year or when the platform is installed/updated. There should be no need to manually update them, but if the dates do not match up with the current holiday dates, you can manually update them through the Database menu.

You can copy an entire template, but not just the holiday list. E.g. you can select the CME US Index template on the left side of the trading hours window and select "copy" to make a copy of that template and just edit the open/close time frames.

Kind regards,
        -ChrisL

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_ChrisL View Post
          Hi Javier, thanks for the follow up.

The platform will update the trading hours template every year or when the platform is installed/updated. There should be no need to manually update them, but if the dates do not match up with the current holiday dates, you can manually update them through the Database menu.

You can copy an entire template, but not just the holiday list. E.g. you can select the CME US Index template on the left side of the trading hours window and select "copy" to make a copy of that template and just edit the open/close time frames.

Kind regards,
          -ChrisL
          Hello again,

Thanks for the reply but I don't understand part of the explanation you offer.
          I find myself incapacitated even if your explanation is detailed and of quality.

I leave this matter for today without really knowing how I have to proceed from today which is January 28 and there are 3 days left of this year 2021.
          I leave my platform without updating the 2022 holidays.
          Best regards.

Comment

I was trying to update the Trading Hours (US Index Futures ETH) for the 2022 holidaysin the Database Menu.

Unfortunately still no new dates (for 2022) come in. Can you confrm by when the automatic update of the trading hours should happen?

Thanks & happy new year!

Comment

Hi Coral, I checked with my team and the development team will update this before the first holiday in 2022. Unfortunately, I do not have an exact date for this since the development team needs to push an update to update the holiday definitions.

Kind regards,
              -ChrisL

Comment

Hi, same wondering here. First holiday is approaching. Hopefully the update will not be in the last minute. Thank you.

Comment

Thank you for updating the trading hours for 2022.

In CME US Index Futures ETH / RTH, the entry for Christmas is-
                  12/24, Full Day, Christmas Eve
                  (it is Saturday)
                  I believe it should be-
                  12/26, Full Day, Christmas Day

Separately, Juneteenth is missing from the following:
                  CME US Index Futures ETH / RTH
                  US Equities ETH / RTH

Comment

Hi digibob, thanks for reporting. We will have the missing holidays added.

Best regards.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by adeelshahzad, Today, 03:54 AM
                    4 responses
                    0 likes
                    Last Post adeelshahzad  
                    Started by merzo, 06-25-2023, 02:19 AM
                    10 responses