Real time Strategy performance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Real time Strategy performance

When running a strategy, both real time and historical startegy performance windows don't update at real time. One has to close and open new performance windows by right clicking on chart. Is there a way where trades and performance would update real time?

Hello rocketstock,

Unfortunately, this is correct. The performance windows are generated once as the window is opening.

I will submit a feature request on your behalf for the development team to consider updating this in real-time.
    Once I have a tracking ID for this request I will post in this thread for future reference.
    Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks. That would be perfect. Meanwhile is there a way to see real time profits during back testing?

Comment

Hello rocketstock,

When you say real-time, do you mean outside of the backtest but directly from the active account?

Comment

Sorry I meant in backtest. I think and older version of 8 had the real time profit in backest.

Comment

Hello rocketstock,

The real-time performance from a strategy would only be available when the script reaches the real-time state.

You can view the historical systemperformance in backtest but realtime because backtest is historical and does not reach realtime.

Below are links to the help guide.

And a link to an example.
            Hello, I've updated the DailyLossLimit and DailyLosLimitMultiTrade examples that were posted on the forum for NinjaTrader 7 for NinjaTrader 8. These are often requested and I felt they are good examples to have for NT8. DailyLossLimitExample_NT7 - http://ninjatrader.com/support/forum...241#post451241 (http://ninjatrader

Comment

Thanks I'll check. The thing I'm trying to find is a screen that shows ongoing trades and performance as the backtest is running lest say for 2 week period. Both real time and historical window (right click from chart) only has values from the last time I launched it. It does not even have a refresh data. This is while the backtest is running. Maybe I'm missing something. I'll research more. Thanks for your help.

Comment

Hello rocketstock,

There is not a screen that provides this. The backtest results will be available once the backtest completes.

The SystemPerformance links I've provided to the help guide show how this can be printed in code in historical processing.

Comment

I'll look at those links thanks. However when a backtest is running I can right click the chart and see this. However it does not update. Thanks again for bearing with me.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Hello rocketstock,

A backtest is done in the Strategy Analyzer. The performance windows are generated once as the window is opening.

Comment

Hello rocketstock,

Thanks for your patience.

This is Brandon responding on behalf of Chelsea who is out of the office at this time.

The internal tracking number for your feature request is SFT-5405. Please reference this internal tracking number when contacting Platform Support if you ever have questions regarding this feature request.

When a feature request is implemented, you'll find a description of the new feature in the release notes:Let us know if we may assist further.
                      Brandon H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thank you!

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                        Started by futtrader, 04-21-2024, 01:50 AM
                        4 responses
                        0 likes
                        Last Post futtrader  
                        Started by Option Whisperer, Today, 09:55 AM