Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Close Operation Failed error message

Hello,

I was trading in simulated trading mode this morning. I was using a 3rd party indicator that auto-closes my positions whenever my risk criteria is met.

The indicator was working fine, until around two hours into my trading session.

The initial error message said:
    Close operation failed. Operation timed out. Manually close your position.

I looked and I had a Buy LMT for 6 contracts. I tried to close it, but I could not do so. I right-clicked on Chart Trader and chose, Flatten Everything, but that did not work.

I right-clicked on Chart Trader and chose, Cancel All Orders, but that did not work. I went into my Orders tab and tried to close the pending position there, but I could not close it.

This pending position is still open now, 30 minutes after the issue developed.

Screenshots of the problem are attached.

Is this likely an issue with the 3rd party indicator, or could it be a bug on the NT8 platform?

i2w8am9ii2

Helo i2w8am9ii2,

Thanks for writing in.

CRITICAL — If your inquiry involves live orders, please always reach out to your broker's Orders Desk immediately to confirm and manage your live orders and positions.

If your trades are with NinjaTrader Brokerage, you can contact NinjaTrader Brokerage Order Desk here:
    • Email: orders(at)ninjatrader(dot)com
    This message can occur for a few different reasons. I would need more information from your log and trace files to get a good look at what happened. Please send me your log and trace files via email so that I may look into what occurred.

You can do this by going to the Control Center-> Help-> Email Support

Ensuring 'Log and Trace Files' is checked will include these files. This is checked by default.

Please reference the following ticket number in the body of the email: 3406411 ATTN Zachary

I look forward to assisting you with this.
    Zachary S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks Zachary,

I just send my Log and Trace files to you via the NT8 Control Center help.

i2w8am9ii2

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by Stanfillirenfro, Today, 07:23 AM
      1 response
      0 likes
      Last Post NinjaTrader_Gaby  
      Started by cmtjoancolmenero, Yesterday, 03:58 PM
      2 responses
      0 likes