Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PLEASE HELP -- no live data

Hello,

I went to connect to the markets this morning like I always do and I do not have real time data coming through. I have a green bubble, nothing unusual in Log, just no live data. The ONLY thing that is different from yesterday is that I am home for Christmas which is on the other side of the US. Also this morning when I tried to log in I opened NT before connecting to wifi, not after, but then I restarted and still no market data.

Please help me!

Hello lunardiplomacy,

Thank you for your note.

So I may accurately assist you, please answer all of the following questions:
    • What version of NinjaTrader 8 are you using? Please provide the entire version number. This can be found under Help -> About (Example: 8.0.?.?)
    • Who are you connected to? This is displayed in green on the lower-left corner of the Control Center window.
    • What instrument symbol (and expiry if applicable) have you selected? For example, ES 12-21, AAPL, EURUSD, etc.
    • (For a chart) what interval is selected? For example, 5 minute, 1 day, 2000 volume, 4 Renko, etc.
    • Do you receive an error on the screen? Are there errors on the Log tab of the Control Center? If so, what do these errors report?

I look forward to resolving this item with you.
    Emily C.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi

NT Continuum Live
      MNQ 12-21
      None of them load I have tried all
      No Log abnormalities. I get the same 4-5 items that I get every day when I connect to live markets. Like I said the only difference between today and yesterday is that I moved geographical locations.

Any help you can offer would be greatly appreciated but just fyi I am going to reinstall in the meantime.

Comment

Hello lunardiplomacy,

Thank you for your reply.

First, I see that you're using an older version of NinjaTrader 8. To update NinjaTrader, please follow the steps below:
        • First, copy your license key from NinjaTrader under Help> License Key then exit NinjaTrader
        • Click on the link: https://ninjatrader.com/PlatformDirect
        • Enter your license key and press Submit
        • Select 'Download'
        • Critical: Before running the installer, ensure NinjaTrader is closed.

It also appears that you are using the expired 12-21 contracts. Please follow these steps to roll over the expiration date of a Futures contract:
        • Navigate to the Control Center > Tools > Database window.
        • Left-click the ‘Rollover’ button that appears just below the table under the ‘Rollover futures instruments’ section.
        • Close this window when this process completes.

You can learn more about the different ways to rollover by visiting the link below:
        To view contract rollover, expiry dates, and other trading events click the link below.

Please let us know if we may be of further assistance.
        Emily C.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

OOHHH NOOOO it's 2022!!!!

I tried that but manually rolled over and typed March 2021.

That's definitely what is was iut unfortunately I already uninstalled. Thanks emily.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by guillembm, Yesterday, 11:25 AM
          2 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post guillembm  
          Started by junkone, 04-21-2024, 07:17 AM
          9 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post jeronymite