Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cpu

Hello!

I have seen several topics that speak of low CPU utilization. In my case I am doing a backtesting with Market Replay. As shown in the attachment Ninjatrader has an average usage of 16%.

Is there any way to improve that number? I am running a single chart with three strategies on it.

While some cores are being half used, others are unused. If I buy a VPS with more cores, will it have the same utilization percentage or will it be even lower?

Thanks!
    Attached Files

Hello rocker84,

Thank you for your post.

Unfortunately, the instrument subscriber threads that dole out data run on one thread, so the consumer scripts are also running on that one thread. NinjaTrader makes lots of threads, but each instrument only can have one thread, meaning they run on one cpu core.

As NinjaTrader 8 is multi-threaded at all levels (UI + Under the hood) we will correctly take advantage of multiple cores. So in principle the more cores the better.

As rule of thumb the highest number of cores at the highest speed is the goal. If you have to make a trade off, then it depends on what you will be doing. If you is planning on running one,two, three, or four major tasks like running a strategy in Playback with Market Replay then more speed would likely be better than more cores. If you will be doing a lot of multitasking then I would probably go with more cores.

Please let us know if we may be of further assistance to you.

Kate W.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Here is another explanation from a vendor. https://www.sharkindicators.com/docu...election-guide
      See the cpu section.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by helpwanted, Today, 03:06 AM
      1 response
      0 likes
      Last Post sarafuenonly123  
      Started by Brevo, Today, 01:45 AM
      0 responses
      0 likes