Drawn Lines Disappearing Upon Chart Load

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Drawn Lines Disappearing Upon Chart Load

I have a random issue that has just started happening lately regarding chart lines disappearing upon chart load.

I have one window open with an intraday 2000 tick chart and another window open with multiple charts for the same instrument with longer time frames. I have specific lines that I draw set to (show across all charts). Usually when my charts finish loading I see all of my lines across all of my charts open across 2 windows. I haven't had this problem until the last couple of weeks but lately as I start NJ and await my charts to load I experience a bit of a bug.

As soon as the candlesticks on my 2000 tick chart load, I see my (show on all charts) trend lines drawn, this is during the time the chart still says "loading" and "calculating" in the upper left hand corner.

Once the loading has completed though, I see any lines that were drawn on other charts (same instrument) set to "show on all charts" disappear from my 2000 tick chart.

I'm on 8.0.25.0 and have not made any changes or done any updates recently so I'm not sure why this is all of a sudden occurring. I try "reloading all historical data" and the same issue happens. It seems to be intermittent but happening 90% of the time.

I also seem to have a similar but different issue happening with certain indicators not showing up on some charts. I have to go into my indicators list to that indicator, un-check visable, apply, then re-check visable and click apply and then it will show again.

Any suggestions on what could be causing these 2 anomalies? Thank you

Hello sevansounds,

Can you please right click in the 2000 Tick chart and select 'Data Series'. Make sure 'Show global draw objects' is enabled.

Drawing objects can disappear when their anchor points are not close enough in display. Please click and hold your left mouse button below the time axis and move to the right. This will compress the time axis, so more data is displayed. This could bring the anchor points in display, which in turn can cause the drawing object to appear again.

If this will not work, please right click in the chart and select 'Data Series'. Increase the 'Days to load' setting and check if the missing drawing objects are displayed.

Can you please tell me what indicators experience this issue. Do you notice any consistency between these indicators?

Are there any errors reported in the Control Center-->Log-tab when an indicator is not shown?

Does it make a difference if you remove the indicator, save the workspace, add back the indicator and then save the workspace again?
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Show global draw objects is enabled under the data series of my 2000 tick chart (which is the only chart the lines are dissappearing on after chart load)

Regarding your second point I draw supoort/resistance lines on a 30 min chart in seperate chart while also selected "extend lines left and extend lines right". The 30 min chart has 80 days loaded and the 2000 tick chart has 15 days loaded. I don't need more than that loaded for the tick chart and if I choose to load more days I would imagine that will increase loading time on the tick chart. I changed my tick chart to show 25 days instead of 15 which does seem to currently show the support/resistance lines drawn but that is a lot of additional data to load each time that I don't need. Even with compressing the time axis on the tick chart with 15 days it doesn't make the lines appear. This has only begun as an issue over the last couple of weeks.

Are you saying that in order for me to be able to see the the extended support/resistance lines drawn on my 30 min chart show up on my tick chart that I will have to always load many more days than I need in order for that data to show??

Also regarding the indicator that acts up occasionally it is called BPxMackPart1 and is a 3rd party indicator. This indicator only occasionally doesn't show up on my 30 min chart. The indicator not always showing up is an easy enough fix for me but the support/resistance lines showing up consistently on my tick chart is more important for me. Loading that many days of tick data really slows down my chart loading time.

I've attached a screenshot of my log files for this morning so you're able to see if anything sticks out.

Comment

This can occur if there is not enough data being loaded in the Tick chart to plot the required anchor points for the drawing object applied to the higher time intervals therefore correct you would need to load the same amount of data for all charts for this information to display.

If your 3rd party indicator is not displayed right click in the chart and select "Reload NinjaScript". Also if this continues to occur I suggest reaching out to the vendor to verify if they have had this reported by other users using their add-on within NinjaTrader.

Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

When you say " you would have to load the same amount of data for all charts for this information to display" Please explain how that is necessary if i've never had to do that before and the drawings have shown just fine. I've run my 30 min chart showing 10 months of data and tick chart showing 5 days of data and it was showing with no issues for the majority of this year no problem. Is there not another explanation as to what would cause the support lines not to show?

Also, even based on your statement, I just randomly changed the tick chart to 20 days from the original 5 and the lines loaded.

Based on what you're saying, if I have a daily chart showing me a year's worth of candlesticks with simple support/resistance lines I would have to have a tick chart showing me a years worth of daily tick data and I don't see the sense in that from an operational standpoint.

It would seem to me that there is a somewhat specific threshold between what the anchor points are on a larger time frame chart (i.e 4 hour showing 100 days) in relation to what would allow those lines to load and show on a much smaller time frame chart (i.e 2000 tick loaded with 5 days)

Comment

In order for the drawing object to plot historical data must be available for the dates and times of the anchor points used for the line that was drawn in chart.

For example if you draw a line in a 30 Minute chart with 30 days to load and the first anchor point is on 12/1 and the end anchor point on 12/14 then load a Tick based chart with 5 days of data to load the historical data for the first anchor point on 12/1 is not available within the chart therefore there is no start point for the object to draw from and historical data from at least 12/1 would be required.

Unfortunately there is not a workaround to force the drawing object to plot without the required historical data present with the chart.

Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello sevansounds

From your problem description, I'm not sure if it is related to the problem I described in this post but may be it can help you.
              ASCENDO Trading
              NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - ASCENDO Trading

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by DJ888, 04-16-2024, 06:09 PM
              6 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post DJ888
              by DJ888

Started by Jon17, Today, 04:33 PM