incompilable ninjascript

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

incompilable ninjascript

Hello, I have had some problems with nt8, after reinstalling it and copying the file folders (indicators, strategies, custom templates) when wanting to create or edit a strategy I get this error that I attach in the image, and it does not let me execute any strategy either . How do I fix this error? Thanks

Hello Bruno55,

Thank you for your post.

Please follow the instructions below to see where the errors are coming from after compiling the NinjaScript object. This will allow you to debug the NinjaScript object, exclude it from the compiler, or remove it from your PC. If you are wondering why you receive an error when compiling only one NinjaScript object, it is due to NinjaTrader compiling all NinjaScript objects - not just one. This is done to give you the highest runtime performance possible.
    • Open NinjaTrader
    • From the Control Center select the New menu--> select NinjaScript Editor
    • Right click in the window and select Compile to compile all NinjaScript objects
    • At the bottom of the NinjaScript Editor window a new section will appear where you can find the error locations

If the error messages refer to a reference .dll file. This indicates you are missing some required reference DLL's or have corrupted ones listed - please follow the steps below to rectify the errors.

To resolve reference errors:
    • Right click in the code section of the NinjaScript editor.
    • In the context menu click on 'References'
    • In the Reference dialog, if a reference to the noted DLL files exists already then select the DLL's which are giving errors one by one and click on the 'Remove' button.

After removing, add back the reference with the right path :
    • In the Reference dialog, Click on the 'Add' button.
    • Select all the missing DLL's (located in the Documents\NinjaTrader 8\bin\Custom\ folder or in the NinjaTrader installation folder, typically C:\Program Files (x86)\NinjaTrader 8\bin64) one by one and then click 'Ok'. [Please adjust if needed for 32 bit setup]
    • Compile the indicator now by pressing F5.
    • The issues should be resolved and your NT should be again in properly compiled state

Here is a publicly available link to a video tutorial demonstrating these steps.

This video demonstrates how to resolve the ‘Are you missing an assembly or reference’ compile error in NinjaTrader 8.

Please also see the section "How to add a reference" from our help guide

Using 3rd Party Indicators

We have also collected more comprehensive steps for resolving NinjaScript programming errors in this publicly available tip on our forums - http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...ead.php?t=4678

Please do not hesitate to contact us for any other NinjaTrader inquiries you may have.
    Shawn B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by Kensonprib, 04-28-2021, 10:11 AM
    5 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post Hasadafa  
    Started by GussJ, 03-04-2020, 03:11 PM
    11 responses
    0 likes