Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Linux

Hi
    I am writing this poss because really need to help to request for doing this very important matter.
    Since the Ninja trader is a very professional platform and also has a very professional development and support team.
    The Linux user really need to install ninja platform, since your support is only for windows, but please find the best way, to solve the matter, in the future more people migrate to Linux therefor please find a way to it, really your platform is the best, but only this matter has to pass until you find a very important advantage between on your competitors.
    Best regards,

Hello mbafelfel,

Linux is not supported by the platform as it requires Windows and .NET Framework 4.8. MAC users will install virtual machines to run Windows within their MAC and the same approach could be considered for Linux operating systems.

We will leave this thread open for any community members that have installed the platform in a Linux environment (either using virtual machines or otherwise.)
    JimNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I recently switched over to Linux and just got this set up today.

In case anyone else comes across this here's what I did:

- Download windows iso from microsoft
      - Launch virtual box and create windows virtual machine
      - Use the windows iso to install windows 10. I think I allocated 3-4 gb of ram and 50gb of disc space
      - Download ninja on the virtual machine. Before installing ninja, uninstall onedrive. I moved stuff to google drive to help get my code up and running on the VM
      - From virtual box, right click the ninja VM and create a shortcut for the desktop

So now I can just click an icon on my desktop and get ninja running on one of my monitors like usual, only this time I'm able to use my favorite Linux distro as my daily driver. Currently using and enjoying Xubuntu.

Update:
      Before installing go into file explorer > right click onedrive > give access to > remove access
      It was bending over backwards trying to get things to install on their cloud and preventing things from running smoothly. Did the above and reinstalled and it's looking good. Will update more if there are more steps I come across.

Update 2:
      Updated instructions to uninstall onedrive rather than disable. Tried to launch this morning and it was back. Whenever onedrive gets its tentacles into the document folder it results in ninja loading in without saved connection data and without my lifetime license key. It does still have my chart layouts and strategies though when this happens. Hopefully uninstalling altogether resolves the problem. If not I'll update again.
      Last edited by WalterSkinner; 11-29-2022, 08:24 AM.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by PaulMohn, Today, 05:00 AM
      0 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post PaulMohn  
      Started by ZenCortexAuCost, Today, 04:24 AM
      0 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post ZenCortexAuCost