Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Error after updating to newest version

Hello,

I just updated to the newest version and now get the attached error message when starting up Ninja. Any ideas?

Thanks,
    Brandon
    Attached Files

Hello 12VMan,

Thank you for your message.

It looks like the platform is failing to load something from one of your 3rd-party add-ons. Let's first make sure that there are no compiling errors using the steps below:

To begin resolving this, do the following:
    • Go to the Control Center > New > NinjaScript Editor
    • Right-click in the NinjaScript Editor > select 'Compile'

You may see some errors in orange appear at the bottom of the window. Expand this window so that as many of these errors, if not all of them, are visible. Expand the error message itself as much as possible. Please send a screenshot of these errors, and we will be able to send you the steps to resolve them.

To send a screenshot with Windows 7 or newer I would recommend using the Windows Snipping Tool.
    Click here for instructions

Alternatively to send a screenshot press Alt + PRINT SCREEN to take a screenshot of the selected window. Then go to Start--> Accessories--> Paint, and press CTRL + V to paste the image. Lastly, save as a jpeg file and send the file as an attachment.
    Click here for detailed instruction

Thank you in advance. If you do not see any errors in orange here, please let me know. I look forward to assisting you further.
    Justin D.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello - there are no errors when I run Compile

Comment

Hello 12VMan,

Thank you for your update.

If no errors are appearing in the NinjaScript Editor but this pop-up is still appearing, the add-on assembly mentioned may be corrupted as a whole. Before creating a new instance of the folder containing all of your 3rd-party add-ons, let's see if removing the add-on mentioned in the error and re-importing it resolves this behavior using the steps below.

Custom NinjaScripts can be removed in one of two ways from within NinjaTrader 8:
        • Add-ons can come as packages called 'assemblies'. An assembly can be removed by going to Tools > Remove NinjaScript Assembly > Select the assembly you wish to remove > Remove.
        • To remove NinjaScript individually you can go to New > NinjaScript Editor > Double click on the 'Indicators' (or the relevant) folder > Right-click on the add-on you wish to remove and select 'Remove'. Repeat these steps for all add-ons you wish to remove.

Once you have removed this add-on, try restarting the platform, and let me know if the error persists. If it does not return, try re-importing the add-on once more.

Please let me know the results of this test. I look forward to your response.
        Justin D.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Justin - removing that assembly got rid of the error. Thanks for the help!

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by aussugardefender, Today, 01:07 AM
          0 responses
          1 view
          0 likes
          Last Post aussugardefender  
          Started by pvincent, 06-23-2022, 12:53 PM
          14 responses
          0 likes