Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No live data in Chart

Hello everyone,

I am just trying to set up my NT8 and mess around with all the new possibilites and options. One problem I am encountering is that I don't have any live data in my charts. The data is supposed to be provided by Interactive Brokers (connection set up and running), but with any chart I am opening the chart loads historical data and does not refresh, whereas I can put a chart from my TWS right next to the NT8 chart and that one is working perfectly. Is there an option I didn't set when I configured the Connection to TWS/IB?

Kind regards and thank for your help in advance!

Hello funtra513,
    Thank you for the question.

When using Interactive Brokers to provide Market Data to the NinjaTrader platform, you will first want to make sure that you are enabled for Real-time market data for the instruments you are looking at.
    • Sometimes you may get delayed market quotes within the Trader Worstation that makes it look like you have market data for an instrument
    • But, the delayed market data will not be provided to the NinjaTrader platform so you will not see the chart moving in NinjaTrader

When connecting to Interactive Brokers within NinjaTrader, the next thing you want to do is ensure you are using the version of Trader Workstation or IB Gateway that is specified within the Connection Guide:
    • Interactive Brokers Connection Guide: https://ninjatrader.com/ConnectionGu...nnection-Guide
    • If you are not using the version specified within the Help Guide, I suggest uninstalling the version currently installed to remove confusion.
      • Then, use the link below or from the connection guide above to download the version that is currently supported:
        • TWS 985.1g - Download
        • IB Gateway 981.3c - Download
          • Please refer to the connection guide above for how to configure the connection

If you have verified that you are enabled for Real-time Market Data and you are using the specified version of TWS or IB Gateway and the chart is still not loading in:
    • Go to the NinjaTrader Control Center > Log tab and make sure there are no messages that would explain why the chart is not loading in.
    As well, please perform the following test:
    • Create a New chart for AAPL or another instrument you have Real-time market data for.
    • Make it a 5-minute chart
    • Set the 'Days to load' to 5
    • Make sure 'Template' in the top-right corner is set to < None >
    • Click OK to make the chart
    • Does this chart load in as expected?
    • Is this chart moving?
    • If you open the Chart Trader panel, does it show values for the Ask and Bid quotes or just 0's?
      • If this Chart did not load in as expected, please take a screenshot of it and include it in your response
        • If you are unsure of how to take a screenshot, I recommend using the Windows Snipping tool.
          • Click on the Windows Icon at the bottom of your screen and type the word "Snip"
          • Click on the Snipping tool, click New, then click and drag around the area you want to screenshot
          • Click File > Save As > Save the screenshot where you can find it
          • Please click here for a video demonstration

Clayton G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello Clayton,

sorry for the late response. I solved this problem on my own, right after this post. Now I got myself a new laptop and I am having the same problem again. Beneath I will attach a picture of the log and a snippet of the cart. However, the chart trader is working find and the values for bid and ask are changing constantly, but the chart itself does not refresh or show the live data.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Chart.PNG
Views:	1223
Size:	57.0 KB
ID:	1189024Click image for larger version

Name:	Log.PNG
Views:	1200
Size:	32.1 KB
ID:	1189025

Thanks in Advance!

Comment

Hello funtra513,

Thank you for the updates.

If the Chart Trader ask and bid values are updating, this would mean the platform is getting real-time market data.
        • Right-click on the Chart and click Data Series
        • Properties > Time frame > Trading hours > Set this to "Default 24x7" > Click OK
        • Is the chart updating in real-time now?
        If the Chart is still not updating ensure you are using the version of Trader Workstation previously suggested.

If you are using the specified version of TWS and the chart is still not updating in real-time after changing the Trading Hours template, please write into the Platform Support team directly so we may look at your Log and Trace files specifically and provide further information.
        • Open Windows File Explorer (hotkey = Windows key + E) Then navigate to, "Documents" (sometimes called, "My Documents") > 'NinjaTrader 8' folder or "NinjaTrader 7' folder
        • Right-click on the 'log' and 'trace' folders and select Send To> Compressed (zipped) Folder.
        • Send the 2 compressed folders as attachments to PlatformSupport[AT]NinjaTrader[DOT]com
        • Enter the Subject as: "Clayton ATTN 3395584"
        • Once complete, you can delete these compressed folders.
        Clayton G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by jeronymite, 04-12-2024, 04:26 PM
        2 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post NinjaTrader_BrandonH  
        Started by Mindset, 05-06-2023, 09:03 PM
        10 responses
        0 likes