CPU Usage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CPU Usage

I've seen a number of posts going back a few years regarding CPU usage. Here is a screenshot of my CPU usage during a backtest using Strategy Analyzer, at most, it will get up to about 30% usage briefly, it seems like it should be more? Is there something I should be looking into or is this just the way it is and there is some other limiting factor? Thank you in advance for any thoughts, comments, suggestions.

I've never seen full CPU utilization by NinjaTrader 8. I had a 6-core Xeon CPU, slightly higher performing than your 6-core, and at the busiest market times (open, close, news), total CPU utilization for the NinjaTrader process usually peaked at 40% or so, while for all PC processes in total, the highest individual core peaks were typically 70%, while others were 50% - 60%. It was always curious that at the busiest market times with the highest volume flows and trade rates, Ninjatrader chart data lagged quite a bit, often making charts unusable, but neither the CPU nor individual cores were ever fully utilized, nor was the GPU or memory. Other trading software that I had prior to NinjaTrader used all available CPU resources, all 100%. Odd that NinjaTrader doesn't, but I don't know why. Strategy Analyzer usage results may be different.

Comment

Hello jhjhawkins,

I'm not aware of any limiting factor. NinjaTrader 8 was designed to take full advantage of modern PC architecture. To achieve the highest possible level of performance, NinjaTrader 8 will utilize all available CPU cores and additional memory resources.
      JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by maybeimnotrader, Yesterday, 05:46 PM
      3 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB  
      Started by adeelshahzad, Today, 03:54 AM
      5 responses
      0 likes