How to set an alert with a horizontal line

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to set an alert with a horizontal line

I'm having a problem setting up an alert with a horizontal line.
    I draw 2 horizontal lines and named them R1 and S1.

I want to set these 2 lines near prev. swing high/low.

It's working fine with Numeric Value with a specific number I set but I want to use default ninjatrader horizontal line indicator
    so that I can quickly move the line to the next possible support/resistance area.

I tried to set things up in different ways using cross above, equal to greater ... but none of them worked for me.

Can you please explain how to set an alert with a horizontal line?

Thank you

UPDATED:
    I found a video tutorial from Ninjatrader's Youtube channel...
    On the video, it set Close on price type under General. Does it mean that the alert will ring when close price of the candle(whatever timeframe I choose) is crossing above the horizontal line? What if I want to set price type as High? The alert will work as soon as the highest candle price of the timeframe cross above the horizontal line? I use 60M or above timeframe by the way. So If I happen to use Close price type, it would be too late. I'm also wondering if I can use bid/ask price instead of current price.
    Last edited by jjanguda; 12-01-2021, 12:21 AM.

Hello jjanguda,

Thank you for your note.

At the price level where you'd like the alert to be triggered, place a horizontal line by pressing F6, or by clicking the pencil icon at the top of the chart to open the Drawing Tools menu. This line may be moved later and still function with the alert.

- Right-click within the chart, then click Alerts.

- Under General, make sure Enabled is checked and set Rearm type to rearm as often as you would like once the alert has been triggered. For intraday charts, I usually prefer to set this to 'On bar close'.

- Under Conditions, for this example I'll be creating a condition to trigger the alert when the price crosses above the horizontal line. Click add to crate the condition.

- Within the Conditions menu, set the left panel to your primary data series (this should already be selected by default), set the middle drop-down menu to 'Cross above' , and select the horizontal line in the right panel. When you're done, it should look like the screenshot I've attached below:Click image for larger version

Name:	image_55109.png
Views:	624
Size:	53.3 KB
ID:	1180130

- Click OK. The alert now has been configured to generate a message within the Alerts log, which is accessible by going to Control Center > New > Alerts Log. Additional actions, such as playing a sound or generating a pop-up message, may be added within the Actions panel.

For more information about NinjaTrader 8 alerts, please visit the following link:

Let us know if we may assist further.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by Barry Milan, Yesterday, 10:35 PM
    5 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred  
    Started by DanielSanMartin, Yesterday, 02:37 PM
    2 responses
    0 likes