Unable to Save Custom Indicator Property Settings as a Template

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unable to Save Custom Indicator Property Settings as a Template

Hello, I have purchased a licensed indicator that is activated using my machine ID. The problem is, I am unable to save the indicator properties as a template. After I save the properties as a template, when I load the settings, click load, and Ok, it reverts back to the default settings. Do you know of any tips or tricks that will allow me to save the property settings as a template? Thank you for your assistance.

Hello cpoolrn,

Thank you for your post.

Do you see the same behavior if you save your settings as the default template? Each individual indicator's parameters can be saved as default or as a custom template. Once saved as default, the customized parameters will load whenever the specified indicator is added to a chart.

What is Saved

All parameter settings are saved, with the following exceptions:

•Input series will default to the first Data Series applied to the chart

•Panel will use the default NinjaTrader settings

Saving Custom Indicator Settings

To save Indicator parameters:

1.Set the Data Series parameters to desired values

2.Left mouse click on the template text located in the bottom right of the properties dialog. Selecting save will open the Save window, in which you can enter a name for a new template or select an existing template to overwrite it. Naming it Default will save these settings as the default used every time you apply that indicator to a chart.

3.Click the Save button when finished

If you wish to load a previously saved template, you can select the load option after left mouse clicking on the template text.

If you change your settings and later wish to go back to the original settings, you can left mouse click on the template text and select the restore option.

In the attached image, the parameters will be saved for the selected SMA indicator. Any time an SMA indicator is applied to a chart, the saved parameters will be loaded.

Saving Chart Defaults and Templates

Please do not hesitate to contact us for any other NinjaTrader inquiries you may have.
    Attached Files
    Shawn B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I have tried both, saving as default and custom name, but the settings always revert back to the original settings created by the coder. I have contacted the coder to no resolve. I guess I will just have to change the parameters every time I start NT8.

Comment

Hello cpoolrn,

Thank you for your post.

If the template settings above are not working for you this indicator may be coded to use specific settings on launch. In that case you would need to work with the developer of the indicator to resolve this issue.
        If the developer is unsure how to do so, they could reach out to our Scripting Support team for assistance.

Please let us know if you have additional questions.
        Heath R.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by wzgy0920, 02-22-2024, 01:11 AM
        5 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post wzgy0920  
        Started by wzgy0920, Yesterday, 09:53 PM
        2 responses
        0 likes