Simulated order are not simulated

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Simulated order are not simulated

Hi, I am trying to use simulated orders (limit buy) but they are always showing as live orders on my broker - for stocks if it changes something.

Is there anything I can do to benefit from this feature?

Thanks

Hello RT001,

Thank you for your message.

CRITICAL — If your inquiry involves live orders, please always reach out to your broker's Orders Desk immediately to confirm and manage your live orders and positions.

If your trades are with NinjaTrader Brokerage, you can contact NinjaTrader Brokerage Order Desk here:
    Be sure to select the Sim101 account instead of your live account if you are trying to sim trade and not live trade. If your live account is selected from the Accounts drop-down in the Order Entry window you are using, any trades you place will be live and not simulated. You can confirm the account that orders are being placed to from the Control Center > Orders tab.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions.
    Justin D.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Justin, thanks for your help. I should have specified, I am not trying to do simulated trading, but rather use the simulated orders features of the chart trader, as described here.

Comment

Hello RT001,

Thank you for your response.

Unfortunately, the link you sent goes to the main page of the Help Guide rather than a specific page. To link a specific page, copy the 'permalink' shown at the bottom right of any page you are looking at.

It sounds like you are asking about Simulated Stop orders though, which you may read an overview of here in the Help Guide: Simulated Stop Orders

Simulated Stop Orders will allow you to hold your stops locally on your PC until they are hit, leaving them hidden to the rest of the market while you trade. These will still be submitted to your Live Account though once they are hit. I recommend reading the Risks and Benefits of Simulated Stop Orders on the page linked above.

Once you enable 'Simulated Order' from the right-click menu on the Chart Trader, any Stop orders you submit will have a Yellow order flag, indicating that they are in a 'Trigger Pending' state locally on your computer. You can confirm this from the Control Center > Orders tab as well. Once they are hit by the market price, they will be triggered and submitted to the exchange.

Comment

Hi Justin,

yes I am talking about simulated stop orders. When I submit a simulated stop order, they show as live orders on Interactive Brokers (even though I activated Simulated order in the chart trader, and I have the SO icon on top of my chart). Thanks!

Comment

Hello RT001,

Thank you for the clarification.

Are these orders showing as 'Trigger Pending' (Yellow) in the Control Center > Orders tab after you place them on your Chart Trader/SuperDOM, or do they show a different state such as Accepted or Working?

Are you seeing the same behavior when using Simulated Stop Orders on the Sim101 account?

Comment

Ohh I am starting to understand. I thought this feature was working with other orders types (Buy Limit / Sell Limit), however it seems they are only working with stop orders. Too bad! The name "Simulated Order" in the chart trader confused me.

Comment

Yes, I too was hoping that there were more simulated trading commands. I prefer that my broker does not know or see what orders that I'm making and as many forums have mentioned, the broker can trade against my specific trade. I hope that all order types can be of this type in future updates of NT. So from what is being said in this discussion is that only "Simulated Stops" can be hidden from my broker. Is this type of trading called "AI trading" or "Robotic Trading"? Are there any 3rd party add-ins that will do this, if NT doesn't plan to do this?

Comment

Hello StockJock,

Thank you for your response.

Unfortunately, the Simulated Stops are the only built-in method to do this in the platform. We will not be able to suggest anything 3rd-party though as our team can only work with what comes with the platform by default. You may have luck finding an add-on that does this by searching the internet though.

Comment

I try to manage all my orders by ninjascript strategies, so they execute automatically without appearing on the broker side as pending, but they are displayed on my chart with indicators.

If you are unable to do it by ninjascript, a very good workaround I find is to attach an order to an indicator. So for example, you can attach a sell order to an EMA or an horizontal line, and when the price touches that indicator it sends (and only at that moment) a sell order to your broker. I agree with you, a pending order is the best way to have sophisticated trades against you.

The problem with attaching orders to a chart indicator is that it only play wells with market orders - you cannot specify an offset to a limit order with this method which I find is a gap to be filled in NT. So this method will work well only if you trade with market orders (aka not outside of RTH).

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by FrazMann, Today, 11:21 AM
                    2 responses
                    0 likes
                    Last Post NinjaTrader_ChristopherJ  
                    Started by rjbtrade1, 11-30-2023, 04:38 PM
                    2 responses
                    0 likes
                    Last Post DavidHP