How to change the dates that higher-term timeframe bars open/close on

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to change the dates that higher-term timeframe bars open/close on

How do you change the dates that higher-term timeframe bars (e.g., 2-day, weekly, etc.) open and close on?

For example, my 2-day BTC Coinbase chart in Ninjatrader starts and ends on even numbers Click image for larger version

Name:	Ninja BTC 2-day Coinbase.png
Views:	355
Size:	161.6 KB
ID:	1176911 while my 2-day BTC Binance chart starts and ends on odd numbers Click image for larger version

Name:	Ninja BTC 2-day Binance.png
Views:	294
Size:	158.5 KB
ID:	1176912 .

They are all under the appropriate trading hours (in this case "crytpocurrency") & both NinjaTrader's & my computer's time zone is set to UTC.

I'm having the same issue with all higher-term timeframes that I use, such as the 5-day, weekly, bi-weekly, etc. The bars are not opening and closing on the right dates & therefore not matching up with the charts I have in other programs such as SierraCharts & TradingView.

No issues with the daily chart or intraday charts.

Hello Stupid_idiot,

I suggest to right click in the chart and select 'Data Series'. Set 'Load data based on' to 'Custom range'. Use the same start and end dates as in the other platforms and check if price bars are plotted the same.

Please note that NinjaTrader time stamps price bar using the closing time/day. For example, if I create a 2 day chart, the latest price bar is time stamped as 11/1/2021 and contains data from 10/31/2021 and 11/1/2021.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thank you for that recommendation NinjaTrader_Jason, your solution worked well on the 2-day & 5-day timeframes I use! However, this solution had no effect on the weekly or bi-weekly charts which always close on on Fridays in NinjaTrader, instead of Sundays (which is what I need). Any way to change this?

Comment

Unfortunately this is not supported for Weekly bars.
        JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Ah that sucks. If anyone ever comes across the post looking for a solution, just manually do 7-days instead of 1 week (or 14-days for bi-weekly), and then do a custom range (load data based on) make sure you have the first date on the day of the week you want to start, or configure whatever day you want to suit your needs.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by kaywai, Today, 06:26 AM
          1 response
          0 likes
          Last Post kaywai
          by kaywai

Started by ct, 05-07-2023, 12:31 PM
          6 responses
          0 likes