Collapse

NinjaTrader won't open at all - get error message then it closes automatically

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NinjaTrader won't open at all - get error message then it closes automatically

Been running NT8 with no problems, then today when I try and boot it up I get the attached error message: unhandled exception: '.', hexadecimal value 0x00, is an invalid character. Line 1, position 1

Whether I click OK or not, the entire program then just shuts down. I haven't made any changes, installed any new indicators, etc, and in fact NT was working fine earlier this morning. I've tried rebooting the computer several times, and it's still doing it.

EDIT: I just tried reinstalling by downloading from https://ninjatrader.com/PlatformDirect and installing. Still the same error. I also won't be able to send any log & trace files since the program won't open at all to begin with. Please help!
    Attached Files
    Last edited by EnveousColnago; 10-31-2021, 12:05 PM.

Hello EnveousColnago,

Thank you for your post.

Glad to assist. To resolve this, shut down NinjaTrader if possible. Next, go to the Documents\NinjaTrader 8\log folder.

Next, delete 'Install.XML' file within the Documents\NinjaTrader 8\log folder > restart.

Please let us know if we may assist further.
    Eric B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_EricB View Post
      Hello EnveousColnago,

Thank you for your post.

Glad to assist. To resolve this, shut down NinjaTrader if possible. Next, go to the Documents\NinjaTrader 8\log folder.

Next, delete 'Install.XML' file within the Documents\NinjaTrader 8\log folder > restart.

Please let us know if we may assist further.
      I actually already tried this as well and it didn't fix it

Comment

Hello EnveousColnago,

Thank you for your reply.
        Did you rename the Documents/NinjaTrader 8 folder when you reinstalled it?

Please follow the steps listed below to completely uninstall and reinstall NinjaTrader.
        • Close all running applications.
        • Navigate to your Documents folder > Right click on the 'NinjaTrader 8' folder > Rename > rename the folder to 'NinjaTrader 8 OLD'. DO NOT delete this folder.
        • Uninstall NinjaTrader within Windows Control Panel.
        • Navigate to C:\ > Program File (x86) > Delete the 'NinjaTrader 8' folder if it exists
        • Reboot your PC.
        • Once these steps are completed, download and install NT8 from the link below.

Please let us know if we may be of further assistance.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Giovanna View Post
          Hello EnveousColnago,

Thank you for your reply.
          Did you rename the Documents/NinjaTrader 8 folder when you reinstalled it?

Please follow the steps listed below to completely uninstall and reinstall NinjaTrader.
          • Close all running applications.
          • Navigate to your Documents folder > Right click on the 'NinjaTrader 8' folder > Rename > rename the folder to 'NinjaTrader 8 OLD'. DO NOT delete this folder.
          • Uninstall NinjaTrader within Windows Control Panel.
          • Navigate to C:\ > Program File (x86) > Delete the 'NinjaTrader 8' folder if it exists
          • Reboot your PC.
          • Once these steps are completed, download and install NT8 from the link below.

Please let us know if we may be of further assistance.
          Chris S helped me get the issue fixed earlier this morning. Thanks for your help guys, NT's customer service has always been top-notch

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by algospoke, Yesterday, 06:40 PM
          2 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post algospoke  
          Started by ghoul, Today, 06:02 PM
          3 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred