CoinBase

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CoinBase

Does NT8 support all the Crypto's listed on CoinBase? If so why are they not showing up on my Instrument List? Is there a Video Guide to setting up Crypto?

I am a Stock Index Futures trader and have NT8 set up just right for me.

Thanks,
    Crypto Newbie.

Hello TAJTrades,

Thanks for your post.

Not all CryptoCurrencies are supported. I have included a snapshot from our internal documentation that lists supported currencies and CryptoCurrencies.

There is no video guide for setting up a Coinbase connection, but we do have a Connection Guide that is very easy to follow.

https://ninjatrader.com/ConnectionGu...nnection-Guide

Click image for larger version  Name:	chrome_2021-10-25_08-02-15.png Views:	0 Size:	36.9 KB ID:	1176301
    Let us know if there is anything else we can do to help.
    JimNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks for the list. That was helpful.

Any chance of adding SHIBA INU (SHIB / USD)?

Comment

Hello TAJTrades,

SHIB is not supported at this time, but I have added a vote to consider tracking this symbol with our additional CryptoCurrencies request list. These are tracked in our SFT Features and Enhancements ticketing system, but we use one ticket to keep a list of requested cryptocurrencies as opposed to tracking a separate ticket for each requested symbol.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Jim View Post
          Hello TAJTrades,

Click image for larger version Name:	chrome_2021-10-25_08-02-15.png Views:	0 Size:	36.9 KB ID:	1176301
          Let us know if there is anything else we can do to help.
          A lot of these cryptos in the "CryptoCurrencies" box are not accessible on my end. For example, when I type "DOT" in a symbol lookup to bring up Polkadot, I only see the DOT index - TheStreet.com Internet Sector. I don't see "DOTUSD" or anything like that. I am having the same problem with quite a few others on your list. I ran "Update instruments lists" in Database Management while connected to Coinbase but am still having a problem.

I am using v8.0.24.2

Comment

Hello shodson,

Not every symbol is included in the NinjaTrader database, and we do not record historical data for all symbols. You can add new symbols to the database by navigating to the Control Center' Tools > Instruments menu, and clicking the add button.

You may reference other CryptoCurrency instrument definitions as well.

A link to a third party Connection Adapter for Binance was posted here. NinjaTools in is violation of our Terms of Service and links to their website will be removed. For those that want to connect with Binance, please see our approved third party connection adapters found at the link below (publicly available link.)

NinjaTrader supports multiple market data providers delivering access to futures, forex and stock data along with free EOD data through Kinetick.
            Last edited by NinjaTrader_Jim; 11-01-2021, 12:30 PM.

Comment

Hi NinjaTrader_Jim ,

Is support for Coinbase trading on the enhancements list? If so, please add me to the priority vote.

Thanks,
              Wayne

Comment

Hello Wayne,

Yes, cryptocurrency trading is on the suggested feature list. I have added your vote.

The internal ticket ID is SFT-2334.

This is an internal number, but for anyone else wishing to have their interest tracked, please let our support staff know that you would like a vote added for this request.

Feature Request Disclaimer

We receive many requests and cannot reasonably implement all requested features or changes. Interest is tracked internally and if enough interest is tracked, it would be weighed against how feasible it would be to make those changes to consider implementing. As such we cannot offer an ETA or promise of fulfillment.

When new features are implemented, they will be listed in the Release Notes page of the Help Guide. The ID number will be different than the internal feature request tracking ID, but the description of the feature will let you know if that feature has been implemented.

Release Notes - https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...ease_notes.htm

Comment

Hi NinjaTrader_Jim sorry for posting that NinjaTools link, I wasn't aware NinjaTools was in violation of your Terms of Service.

May I ask what specifically what part of your Terms of Service they have violated? A friend sent me the link and suggested they were safe to use.

Thanks!

Comment

Hello Stupid_idiot,

The creation of their Connection Adapter was not authorized.

5. Prohibited Uses

a. Errors, Acts, Omissions and Unacceptable Use.

(viii) develop an interface between Platform to Broker APIs without the express written consent from the Company

Comment

Thanks Jim.

Seem odd/suspicious why they wouldn't want to get authorization... I imagine doing so would benefit their bottom line. I wonder what the barrier was for them to not get authorized? Does NinjaTrader charge a fee for an interface to get authorized?

Comment

Hello Stupid_idiot,

One needs to be an EcoSystem Vendor with special approval. Typically it is when someone wants to build a special connection adapter to pull in market data that otherwise cannot be retrieved through our supported Connection Adapters. Those curious if they would qualify to build this sort of AddOn or have questions about entering the Vendor program can contact info [at] ninjatraderecosystem [dot] com

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                        Started by RubenCazorla, Today, 09:07 AM
                        1 response
                        0 likes
                        Last Post RubenCazorla  
                        Started by Irukandji, Today, 09:34 AM
                        0 responses
                        0 likes