Logon Failed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Logon Failed

Greetings, Anybody have an idea why my logon credentials are suddenly not working for my Continuum Demo acct? I just began a month or so ago & my credentials have worked fine up to this point. Used the same credentials I used successfully just this past Friday. My Windows OS did have an update, so if this is the problem then pls let me know how to navigate situations such as these. So far, I've rechecked credentials & restarted NinjaTrader. I have also restarted my computer as well. Thank you for your time. - Malik

Hello Malik,

Thank you for your note.

Please check your connection and verify that the username and password are still present.

If not this indicates a machine Id change on your PC and those will need to be reentered.

If your machine ID has changed, NinjaTrader 8 will automatically remove your license key, username and password, and other sensitive information. This is a purposeful security feature. This feature prevents others from being able to access your personal information simply by stealing your files and loading them onto another PC.

NinjaTrader does not control your machine ID directly. Your machine ID is generated by NinjaTrader based on your PC's fundamental hardware (like RAM, motherboard, etc.) and fundamental software (BIOS/UEFI version, Windows updates, firmware updates, etc.). If any of these items change, your machine ID is likely to change as well. There is no way to manually change your machine ID.

Please copy and paste your license key into your platform. To do this, go to the Control Center > Help > License key.

Additionally, once you have added your License key, you will need to add your username and password back into your account connection. To do this, go to the Control Center > Connections > Configure > Select your connection > Enter the username and password > OK. If you do not have this information, please contact your broker directly.

If your machine ID has changed and it is affecting your add-on licensing, you will need to reach out to the add-on vendors with your new machine ID.

Please let us know if you have any additional questions.
    Heath R.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thank you for responding, I performed the steps mentioned but I still need further assistance. I'm attempting to email support now so maybe this will be resolved that way.

Comment

Originally posted by Malik_demoacct View Post
        Greetings, Anybody have an idea why my logon credentials are suddenly not working for my Continuum Demo acct? I just began a month or so ago
        Don't credentials for a Continuum Demo account eventually expire?

Comment

Hello bltdavid,

Thank you for your reply.

That is correct.

Depending on the demo requested they're only active for a limited amount of time:
          • Futures demo connections are only valid for 14 days from the date they are sent
          • Forex demo connections are only valid for 30 days from the date they are sent.

Please keep in mind that due to restrictions by the exchange, a user may only request one futures demo every 365 days, but Forex demos may be renewed every 30 days. If a user has exceeded this limit they will not receive login credentials when they try to apply for another demo account.

Heath R.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by quantismo, 04-17-2024, 05:13 PM
          4 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post quantismo  
          Started by love2code2trade, 04-17-2024, 01:45 PM
          4 responses
          0 likes