Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

NQ (Nasdaq100) Futures only showing Data from where I opened the connection?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NQ (Nasdaq100) Futures only showing Data from where I opened the connection?

Hello Guys!

As I want to (DEMO)-trade the NQ (Nasdaq100) Futures, I'm setting myself up with connecting to the NT-Continuum and opening a chart.

Everything works fine, the data is displayed BUT only from the starting point where I establish the connection to the continuum.

I attached a file of me opening a chart for the NQ-Futures and another for the ES (S&P500) Futures which have no problems! I also checked the settings before opening the 2 charts and I saw no difference.

For me, recent data is important because I have to watch out for previous price action.

Please let me know if you have any advice.

Best regards

c12b

Hello c12b,

Can you please right click in the NQ 12-21 chart and select "Reload All Historical Data". Check if the requested data is loaded.

What value do you have entered for 'Days to load' in the Data Series menu of the chart? You can open the Data Series menu by right clicking in the chart and select 'Data Series'.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Jason View Post
      Hello c12b,

Can you please right click in the NQ 12-21 chart and select "Reload All Historical Data". Check if the requested data is loaded.

What value do you have entered for 'Days to load' in the Data Series menu of the chart? You can open the Data Series menu by right clicking in the chart and select 'Data Series'.
      Hello Jason, thanks for the fast response.
      I have attached another picture of the settings for the data series regarding my chart for the NQ-Futures.
      Again, those settings are exactly the same when I try to open a new chart for the ES-Futures and everything works fine, just not for the NQ-Futures which are my preferred instrument to trade.
      Also reloading all historical data (even with the Hotkey CTRL+SHIFT+R) does only reload the NQ-Chart and deletes the displayed data on the chart and starts to plot again the incoming data.
      On the ES-Chart the same hotkey reloads the displayed data (which is also described with the function).

Comment

Does it make a difference if you perform a disconnect/reconnect of your NinjaTrader Continuum connection at Control Center-->Connections? Once reconnected, please try reloading historical data again.

If the issue remains, please send me your log and trace files so that I may investigate.

You can do this by going to the Control Center-> Help-> Email Support

Ensuring 'Log and Trace Files' is checked will include these files. This is checked by default.

Please reference the following ticket number in the body of the email: Att Jason, 3312581

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Jason View Post
          Does it make a difference if you perform a disconnect/reconnect of your NinjaTrader Continuum connection at Control Center-->Connections? Once reconnected, please try reloading historical data again.

If the issue remains, please send me your log and trace files so that I may investigate.

You can do this by going to the Control Center-> Help-> Email Support

Ensuring 'Log and Trace Files' is checked will include these files. This is checked by default.

Please reference the following ticket number in the body of the email: Att Jason, 3312581
          No, reconnecting didn't do anything to the chart, but I reinstalled NinjaTrader8 and it's working! (for now..)
          If I'm getting the same problems in the next days, I'd then send you my log like you described if it's okay.
          Thanks for the help!

Comment

Good to hear it now works.

Sounds good, please send me the files if the issue recurs in the future.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by Javierw.ok, Today, 04:12 PM
            0 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post Javierw.ok  
            Started by timmbbo, Today, 08:59 AM
            2 responses
            0 likes