Alerts Not Working Properly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alerts Not Working Properly

When I set an alert it alerts across all time frames. I follow the emini s&p and use different time frames 30 sec - 1 minute - 5 minute - and when i set an alert in the 30 second chart it shows up on all time frame charts.

It did not behave like this in the past , now I get all this Alert bleed through. Is there a way to stop this?

Hello,

If you right click on the charts with the unintentional alerts, click on 'alerts' to open this menu. Do you see any active alerts?

If so, remove these alerts from all charts you do not want an alert set for.

If the issue remains, can you clarify if you are referring to the alert pop up message and/or sound, or the alert in general?
    Ryan S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

What I see when I click on Alerts is the Alerts I set for that time particular time frame.

What I see on my charts are every alert set on every chart and time frame plotted - some have their names, as I name my alerts - some just say "entry"

The charts are a complete mess.

All Alerts from all different time frames plotted on all charts.

Comment

Can you provide the workspace this is occurring in? You can send in this file by locating it under Documents/NinjaTrader 8/workspaces and sending it to platformsupport[at]ninjatrader[dot]com ATTN Ryan

Thanks in advance

Comment

This happens across workspaces - I put my 1 min in one workspace and my 5 min in another and I still get the alert bleed through.

This did'nt happen before. It startede when I updated my version of NT.

Comment

Hello,

Can you clarify what you refer to as 'now it shows up on all time frames'? Is this in reference to the pop up message? What exactly is the visual cue that appears on say the 5 minute chart from the 30 second alert firing?

Comment

Here is what my 1 MIN ES 12-21 CHART LOOKS LIKE ALERTS - PLOT AND TEXT - FROM MES AND 17 SEC ES CHART ON MY 1 MIN CHART
              Attached Files

Comment

Sent workspace file

Comment

Hello,

These would actually be the execution plots of the orders themselves. To remove these, right click and select 'data series' and change the 'plot executions' option to 'do not plot'. Alternatively you can press CTRL+E on your keyboard to cycle through these options.

Comment

I know - but if I do "do not plot" I wont get anything on the chart. I need the Alerts plotted on the chart - properly as they were before.

Comment

Hello,

There isn't a default method to plot an alert notification onto a chart that isn't part of an order execution plot, was this perhaps being done through a 3rd party application or a custom script of some kind?

Comment

No custom script - this was working with NT before. How do I keep alerts from other charts from showing up on every other chart? This started after i migrated to a new computer and updated my NT8 version.

Comment

Hello,

Thanks for the reply.

What you describe generally isn't possible with the default platform settings. Execution markers on the chart for the instrument and account that is selected in that chart. There is no way to specify that you want to see only executions from the ES 12-21 1 minute chart, as executions are linked to your account/database and not a specific chart.

Is it possible that you were previously trading with multiple simulation accounts, with a different account on each chart?

You can verify which account is selected by enabling the Chart Trader.

We look forward to resolving your inquiry.
                          Melissa J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Why would MES executions be plotted on an ES chart - see post #7.

Something isn't right.

I was seeing different executions across different time frames plotted only on that time frames chart - using the same sim account.

Orders for the 17 second chart didn't show up on the 1 min chart.

Is it possible to use and older version of NT8.

The new one can't do what it used to be able to do.

Comment

Hello Bob999,

Thank you for your note.

It is not possible for trades take on the MES instrument to display on a chart that isn't also showing the MES.

Additionally we do not provide older versions of NinjaTrader, there isn't a change in the latest release that would alter the way account data displays on a chart in this manner.

Please send me your database, log, and trace files so that I may look into what occurred.

You can do this by going to the Control Center-> Help-> Mail to Platform Support.

Ensure to check 'Database file' and ' Log and trace files'.

Please reference the following ticket number in the body of the email: Attn Ryan 3305650

Thank you we'll await your files.

Heath R.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by gemify, 11-11-2022, 11:52 AM
                              6 responses
                              2 likes
                              Last Post ultls
                              by ultls

Started by ScottWalsh, Today, 04:52 PM