back up problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

back up problem

i got this message when i wanted to back up my files this AM ,please see attached file.

Hello saeed,

The error message informs that your NinjaScript files contain compiling errors. If you click Yes, the backup file will be created without your NinjaScript files. If you click No, it will cancel the creation of the backup file.

Please follow the instructions below to see where the errors are coming from after compiling your NinjaScript files. This will allow you to debug the indicator/strategy or remove it from your PC.
    • Open NinjaTrader
    • From the Control Center select the New menu--> select NinjaScript Editor
    • Right-click in the window and select Compile to compile all NinjaScript objects
    • At the bottom of the NinjaScript Editor window, a new section will appear where you can find the error locations
    • You can exclude the file referenced in the editor by double-clicking on the appropriate object type on the right of the NinjaScript Editor window. This will expand the object type folder. You can then select the file with a left-click--> right click on the object--> then select Open to begin debugging the file, Exclude From Compilation, or Remove to delete the file.

If you are unsure as to what the error is indicating, please send me a screenshot of the NinjaScript File column and Error column fully visible (not to be confused with the Code column)
    • To send a screenshot with Windows 7 or newer I would recommend using Window's, Snipping Tool.
    • Alternatively to send a screenshot press Alt + PRINT SCREEN to take a screenshot of the selected window. Then go to Start--> Accessories--> Paint, and press CTRL + V to paste the image. Lastly, save as a jpeg file and send the file as an attachment.

We have also collected more comprehensive steps for resolving NinjaScript programming errors in this tip in our Help Guide:
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by martin70, 03-24-2023, 04:58 AM
    14 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post martin70  
    Started by TraderBCL, Today, 04:38 AM
    0 responses
    0 likes