Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unable to import 2003 & 2004 historical data files that I purchased

Hello,
    I purchased historical files of 2003-2020, from a third party, and I've been able to import them to Ninja Trader for 2005-2020. However, Ninja Trader refuses to import the 2003 and 2004 data files, stating the followings:
    "Unable to import '....\ES 03-03.Last.txt'. Instrument is not supported by repository"

Could you please tell me why the 2003 and 2004 instruments are not supported? Please see attached error message in log

By the way, when I changed the filename 'ES 03-03.Last.txt' to 'ES 03-05.Last.txt', Ninja Trader was able to successfully import the data, and I confirmed that the data imported were 2003 data in the "Historical Data" Tool. So, the data files themselves should not be a problem but rather it seems like Ninja Trader doesn't accept data older than 2005?

Thanks,
    Ben (lorien)
    Attached Files

Hello Ben,

This is because these expiry months are not defined in the ES instrument settings. Please go to Control Center-->Tools-->Instruments. Type ES and then double click the ES futures. Scroll to the bottom and click the 'Contract months' field. Click add on the left under Configured and add the missing expiry months. Once added, please click OK-->OK-->Close and check if you can import the historical data successful.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Jason,
      Thanks for the prompt reply. I followed your instructions and it fixed the problem! Thank you very much.

--
      Ben.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by Option Whisperer, Today, 09:55 AM
      0 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post Option Whisperer  
      Started by geddyisodin, 04-25-2024, 05:20 AM
      8 responses