Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

missing bars for writer

Hi.
    I'm trying to download 6J- and 6B (12-21,400days) data, but a lot of downloaded days (1m chart) have missing bars. and the downloaded data is not complete. and as a result, I cannot test the strategy on history. how to download complete data? I am attaching the file. maybe I have an error in the code. Check, please.
    Attached Files

Hello Danila,
    Thank you for the question.

As a note, we are relocating your question to the NinjaTrader 8 > Platform Technical Support section of the forum as the real focus here is what is happening with the market data you are downloading.

You will want to make sure that the Historical or Market Replay data you are downloading is working as expected with the base NinjaTrader platform before getting any indicators or add-ons involved.
    If you can verify that the base NinjaTrader platform is working as expected, that is when you can then look into the NinjaScript to see if there is something that needs to be modified to work as expected.

First I would like to verify, are you downloading Market Replay data or Historical Market Data?
    • If it is Market Replay Data, we would only expect it to go back 90 days
    • If it is Historical Market data, the amount of available data changes depending on the instrument type, the instrument, and the market data provider you are connected to
    Please go the Control Center > Tools > Historical Data
    • Click the + next to either the Historical Data or Market Replay data until you find the 6J and 6B and then look to see if there is any data actually missing where you are seeing the odd bars or gaps in the chart
    • Please verify that you have market data for the days and times that you are looking at
    • If you are using the Playback Connection with Historical market data, you will need to make sure you are checking the box next to "Tick" for the types of data to download
    Please try the following test:
    • Open a New Chart
    • Add the 6J 12-21 and then add the 6B 12-21 so they are both listed, this will be a multi-instrument chart
    • Set both Data Series to be a 1-Minute Data Series
    • Set the Days to load to 400
    • Set the Time frame > Trading hours > to 'Default 24x7'
    • Set the Template in the top-tight to <None>
    • Click OK to make the chart
      • Once the chart loads in, does this chart have any gaps or missing data?
      • If yes, if you right-click on the Chart background and select "Reload all historical data", does the missing data load in?
    If this test chart loaded in as expected, this lets you know that the NinjaTrader platform has downloaded the proper Historical data and you are ready to test it with your NinjaScript Strategy.
    Clayton G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

hi Clayton
      I am using historical data. created a chart 6J (12-21). 400 days.
      all bars are present on the chart. they are not only in the data I downloaded.
      attached as an example is one of the days. 8:04 and 8:09 minutes are missing. and so on most days.
      Attached Files

Comment

Hello Danila,
        Thank you for the update.

Could you please provide a screenshot of what this looks like on your Chart and within your Historical data window?
        • If you are unsure of how to take a screenshot, I recommend using the Windows Snipping tool.
        • Click on the Windows Icon at the bottom of your screen and type the word "Snip"
        • Click on the Snipping tool, click New, then click and drag around the area you want to screenshot
        • Click File > Save As > Save the screenshot where you can find it
        • Please click here for a video demonstration

Please use the following steps to rename the Historical Data folders and re-download new Historical Market Data
        • Close NinjaTrader
        • Go to the Documents folder > NinjaTrader 8 > db > Right-click on the following folders and Rename them with "Old" at the end
          • Tick to "Tick Old"
          • Minute to "Minute Old"
          • Day to "Day Old"
            • This will cause NinjaTrader to no longer see these folders and make new ones
        • Reopen NinjaTrader
        • Redownload the Historical data for the 6J 12-21 and see if it is still showing gaps.

If you are still seeing gaps in the market data, I would like to take a look at the log and trace files from within your NinjaTrader platform specifically to look into this matter further. If this is the case, please use the following steps to send us the requested files from your platform automatically:
        • Within NinjaTrader, go to the Control Center > Help > Email Support...
        • Input your Email address
        • Enter the Subject as: Clayton ATTN 3297157
        • Attach any screenshots that could help demonstrate the behavior
        • Include any other information you would like to share on the situation
        • Make sure 'Log and Trace files' is checked to include the requested files
          • Please also click 'Other files' and check the box next to Chart Data, Workspaces and UI settings, and Templates
        • Send the email
        Clayton G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Clayton.
          Thanks for your Help. the problem was non-indigenous historical data. after re-loading the data into new folders, the problem was resolved.
          Thanks again for the Detailed help.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by geddyisodin, 04-25-2024, 05:20 AM
          8 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post NinjaTrader_Gaby  
          Started by jxs_xrj, 01-12-2020, 09:49 AM
          4 responses
          1 like