Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

BarTimer waiting for realitime data before Starting - Despite Connection successful

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BarTimer waiting for realitime data before Starting - Despite Connection successful

I am trying to get the live data, for which the subscription has been paid. I own a multi-broker Ninjatrader lifetime license.
    I could connect successfully to the provider (Green status icon in the accounts tab).
    However, when I try to load charts, I get the error message "Bar Timer waiting for real-time data before starting". (However, I could see that the data has been loaded until the minute before starting Ninjatrader).
    I tried Resetting the DB, and Repairing the DB in the Tools->DB management. However, after each attempt, I am still faced with the same error.
    I am using Ninjatrader 8. Could you please help in resolving this issue?

Thanks!

In general, this means the connected account is not providing real-time data for the instrument you're viewing.

I was able to locate a NinjaTrader Brokerage account using the email address associated with your forum username. If that's the account you're connecting to, then additional account configuration is required to receive real-time data. Please contact my colleagues at NinjaTrader Brokerage via email at BrokerageSupport[AT]NinjaTrader[DOT]com.

Comment

Hi Patrick,
      Yes I do have Ninjatrader Brokerage account in that Id. (for which I will drop a note separately for configuration)

However, I was actually trying to connect to Topstep funded account. Could you please let me know what can be done to get the data from that connection?

Thanks

Comment

If you cannot create the connection successfully, I'd recommend reaching out to TopStepTrader directly for further assistance.

If you've established both connections, then connection order is critical. You'll want to connect to TopStepTrader first and NinjaTrader Continuum second, or configure preferred connection settings. Here is an educational link that discusses the multiple connection concept further:

Comment

Thanks, Patrick. I have dropped a note to them.

Thanks for the connection order. However, I have only one connection active. Will reach out to this thread for any support.

Thanks again!!

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by cre8able, Today, 01:16 PM
          2 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post cre8able  
          Started by chbruno, 04-24-2024, 04:10 PM
          3 responses
          0 likes