Saving and recalling alerts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Saving and recalling alerts

I created an alert that sounds when ma 1 > ma 2 and ma2>ma3 and ma3>ma4 and stoch > 75 and ...

How do I save it so that I can recall it each time I start the select chart template. I do not want to have to recreate it each time I open a chart

Hello jt21228,

Currently there is not an option to create Alert templates or save the Alert as a part of a chart template in NinjaTrader.

Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

#jt21228 - re: your post 'I've created an Alert on my chart, how do I save it to the chart template?' - #ChristopherJ's answer is accurate. There is a Feature Request for this functionality that goes back to when Alerts were first announced (originated by me iirc) with a few million votes. You might ask for yours to be added. One User deconstructed how Alerts work and found a workaround iirc, but it wasn't user-friendly.

I see you are a new User hence possibly may not be hugely familiar with the platform - the response is not very expansive, albeit accurate 'can I...?', 'no'.
      Just in case you are not aware, you could look at using Alerts in Market Analyser (see Help, there are videos on it). That method doesn't allow you to associate your alert with a chart template, but it does allow you to associate it with an Instrument which may offer you options (create a market analyser workspace and leave it running in the background. You can then enable/disable alerts as you choose, irrespective of chart template.

Best,

Comment

Thanks brucerobinson. I was just going to try and create a custom indicator with the conditions that flip 1/0 when met and not met. Then I would only have to create the alert with 1 condition instead of the several. Hack but save time if it can be done that way.

Sounds like Ninjatrader is not too interested in saving alerts. I would think that this is a big thing. Maybe they do not want to to because it is good for the strategy developers to make some side money. I see a lot of indicators sold that have alerts when conditions are met without having to add the alert all of the time.

Comment

Hi , i have set up alerts . rearm type / on close Bar .When i go on apply . everything is well ,But then i have to set the alert again .What i am i doing wrong . How can i save the alert . so i don't have to set it up again ( DURING A SESSION ).

Comment

Hello Bullseye,

Alerts are saved per chart with the workspace.

As long as the chart is not closed and the workspace is saved, that chart will continue to have the alert with the setup settings.
            Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by Mizzouman1, Today, 07:35 AM
            3 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post NinjaTrader_Gaby  
            Started by RubenCazorla, Today, 09:07 AM
            2 responses
            0 likes