Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Moving Order Flow Volume Profile to the very right of chart?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Moving Order Flow Volume Profile to the very right of chart?

Hello,

Is it possible to move the volume profile for order flow to the very right of the chart and keep it there statically? Motivewave and Tradovate have it set this way but Ninja has it in line with the most recent candlestick. How can I make it look like this (motivewave)?

Click image for larger version

Name:	WMBwdZU.png
Views:	234
Size:	135.5 KB
ID:	1172594

Hello ebaydan777,

Can you please set 'Profile alignment' to Right in the Indicator menu. If you don't want the profile to plot on price bars, please right click in the chart and select Properties. Increase the 'Right side margin' setting until there is enough space for the volume profile to plot. You can reduce the size of the volume profile using the 'Profile width (%)' setting for the Order Flow Volume Profile indicator in the Indicator menu.
    Attached Files
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Jason View Post
      Hello ebaydan777,

Can you please set 'Profile alignment' to Right in the Indicator menu. If you don't want the profile to plot on price bars, please right click in the chart and select Properties. Increase the 'Right side margin' setting until there is enough space for the volume profile to plot. You can reduce the size of the volume profile using the 'Profile width (%)' setting for the Order Flow Volume Profile indicator in the Indicator menu.
      So I have done this, the alignment is on the right. However, The volume profile looks the same and is over the candlesticks still and not set to the right of the charge as a static volume profile in that location. It just moves with the candlesticks as I move the chart around. Is it possible to get the volume profile to stay glued to the right side of the chart even as I move the chart around?

Click image for larger version

Name:	NfPj3lR.png
Views:	218
Size:	432.0 KB
ID:	1172730
      Last edited by ebaydan777; 09-27-2021, 10:13 PM.

Comment

Can you please set 'Profile period' to Composite in the Indicator menu for the Order Flow Volume Profile indicator. You should now be able to plot the volume profile right from the price bars.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Jason View Post
          Can you please set 'Profile period' to Composite in the Indicator menu for the Order Flow Volume Profile indicator. You should now be able to plot the volume profile right from the price bars.
          Thank you, this worked.

If I want to show volume profile only for the day (extended day trading and regular day trading hours, so 6PM EST - 5PM EST the next day, would I just choose composite by days back and set it to 1 day back or?

Comment

Please set 'Days to load' to zero to load only the current session. If you enter a value of 1, it will load additional data.

I suggest to set 'Compose by' to Chart, so it will use all data available. More information can be found at the link below.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by PaulMohn, Today, 05:00 AM
            0 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post PaulMohn  
            Started by ZenCortexAuCost, Today, 04:24 AM
            0 responses
            0 likes