Collapse

TD AMERITRADE Authorize From Windows 11 Not Working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow, 6 months later and still no solution? Sad when you pay for software that can't work with the current version of windows. It's not like we are in beta or something. Every computer I see for sale right now has Windows 11. Maybe you should stop advertising on your website that your software works with TD Ameritrade.

Comment

Here's hoping you can get things working soon especially in light of the fact that Internet Explorer starts losing Microsoft support in June on operating systems for which it is still available.

I'd like to gently and politely suggest that Ninja Trader work on ways to make the software work without such a heavy reliance on the underlying Windows operating system. In fact, if you can ever get a Mac version of the software, I'd dump Windows entirely (and please, Parallels isn't an option I wish to pursue. I purchased a lifetime NinjaTrader license because I don't like paying annual fees for software and Parallels now requires an annual subscription).

In the interim, is there any way the developers can get the TDA authorization to work using Internet Explorer mode in Microsoft Edge? I tried adding the "auth" page for TDA as an "Internet Explorer mode page" in Edge (Settings --> Default Browser --> Internet Explorer mode pages) but it didn't work.

Thanks and I'll be happy to help you test any solutions you come up with.

Comment

Did you try this ?

Internet Explorer is no longer a part of Windows 11. However, there are 3 ways to use it as a Microsoft Edge feature on your PC.

Comment

Maybe this will help your developers. This has nothing to do with Windows 11 or Microsoft Edge. This has to do with your webserver not processing the return information from TD Ameritrade correctly. You are not redirecting to the callback server correctly. I write apps that integrate with TD Ameritrade and I have had no issues regardless of what language I use. Windows 7, 8, 10 11, Microsoft Edge, Google Chrome, Opera... You will see that when the user is sent to the TDA site and asked to login and then approve access to the application you are redirected back to Ninja Trader website with an incredibly long string after the "https://ninjatrader.com/?code=". That incredibly long string is the token code needed to generate the combination of the refresh token and the bearer key needed to make calls into the TDA API. The refresh token is good for 90 days and the bearer key is good for 30 minutes. If I knew your APP API Key I could use the incredibly long string to generate the token pair. But I have no idea where you store that generated information. When TDA changed their login sequence it took me about 5 minutes to adjust my code to work. I would venture with a cup of coffee and a coder that would dedicate themself to this, it could be done before they needed a refill.

Comment

As a follow-up to my previous post, I was in the same boat as many others. New PC with Windows 11 and a laptop upgraded to Windows 11. No interest in "downgrading" back to Windows 10. So, I decided to embark on an odd solution. I enabled Hyper-V on Windows 11, created a virtual machine and installed Windows 10 on the VM. The process is a little too complicated to post here, but I did find everything needed by doing a web search and after a little playing got a Windows 10 version running. I downloaded NT8 and installed it and viola it connected. I did some tracing, and it is what I said in my previous post. Rather than using the Operating System functions to open the http stream to make the call back to Ninja Trader website they use hardcoded Internet Explorer functions. When the functions are called the OS intercepts them and fires up Edge which does not have the functionality needed, so it fails. The VM is not an elegant solution, but it works.
            Last edited by argusthome; 03-21-2022, 11:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by argusthome View Post
              Maybe this will help your developers. This has nothing to do with Windows 11 or Microsoft Edge. This has to do with your webserver not processing the return information from TD Ameritrade correctly. You are not redirecting to the callback server correctly. I write apps that integrate with TD Ameritrade and I have had no issues regardless of what language I use. Windows 7, 8, 10 11, Microsoft Edge, Google Chrome, Opera... You will see that when the user is sent to the TDA site and asked to login and then approve access to the application you are redirected back to Ninja Trader website with an incredibly long string after the "https://ninjatrader.com/?code=". That incredibly long string is the token code needed to generate the combination of the refresh token and the bearer key needed to make calls into the TDA API. The refresh token is good for 90 days and the bearer key is good for 30 minutes. If I knew your APP API Key I could use the incredibly long string to generate the token pair. But I have no idea where you store that generated information. When TDA changed their login sequence it took me about 5 minutes to adjust my code to work. I would venture with a cup of coffee and a coder that would dedicate themself to this, it could be done before they needed a refill.
              Thanks argusthome as it seems you have put more into figuring it out than NT themselves, which by the way is pathetic. It's just a sad reminder that companies don't give a crap once they have your money.
              What's amazing is that no one from NT has even commented on the process which you reference.
              Sorry but my conspirator brain still says it's to drive more subscriptions to Kinetick since they own that as well!
              After all Microsoft specifically designed the IE mode just for occasions such as this, yet when the programmers/developers at NT screw it up it does not work. Which you were kind enough to point out.
              Thanks
              Last edited by sonia0101; 04-05-2022, 03:59 PM.

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for your post.

This item has been resolved in our upcoming release.

Please let me know if I may be of any further assistance.
                Dennis E.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Dennis View Post
                  Hello,

Thank you for your post.

This item has been resolved in our upcoming release.

Hi yes Dennis you can be of further assistance by releasing the update to ALL of your users who pay-lease and have paid for your platform.
                  But of course as stated here from last December 2021- yes I know it's now March 2022 but as you can see even as recent as of last December good'ol NT has no clue for the public anyway of when said release might happen. Very sad or revealing of your capabilities at NT as it is absolutely ridiculous that you have not released a fix for this with as many months have gone by. Really just goes back to NT really does not care!

Hello, I'm trying to connect to TD Ameritrade on Windows 11, I followed the steps described in the connection guide (https://ninjatrader.com/ConnectionGuides/TDAmeritrade-Connection-Guide) and nothing happens after step 6 and the button remains "Authorize" while the browser takes me to the https://ninjatrader.com/?cod

post #4 December 6,2021

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for using NinjaTrader.

We have resolved the connectivity issue between TD Ameritrade Windows 11 in our latest upgrade.

You can download the latest version from the following link.

Dennis E.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I just upgraded and it's working now. Thank you!

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                      Started by DJ888, Yesterday, 10:57 PM
                      0 responses
                      0 likes
                      Last Post DJ888
                      by DJ888

Started by MacDad, 02-25-2024, 11:48 PM
                      7 responses
                      0 likes